prolouge

ᶠⁱʳˢᵗ ʸᵉᵃʳ

ⁱʳˢᵗ ʸᵉᵃʳ

LITTLE Aurora couldn't help but be curious about the blonde boy sitting across from her. She knew she should be focusing on the lesson.

Draco could sense eyes on him, so he looked up to see the girl staring back. She blushed when she realized she had been caught and immediately looked away. Draco rolled his eyes. He thought the girl was weird.

Sure, she's a pureblood Slytherin but she's still weird. All she does is giggle and stare.

The class was finally dismissed. Aurora thought back to the boy. He was cold to her during their first greeting, maybe she could talk to him again. Maybe he just needs to warm up to her.

"Hey Draco! Wait up!" Aurora spoke, using all the power in her little legs as she caught up to the blonde boy. He rolled his eyes at the pathetic sight. "It's Malfoy to you." He corrected. Aurora gulped and nodded.

"What do you want?" He asked, his tone laced with annoyance. The halls were empty and his voice echoed.

"Just thought maybe we could be friends." She responded with a shrug.

Draco laughed. "Me? Friends with you? Not happening. Leave me alone." He says, turning around and leaving Aurora behind.

The girl frowned, hurt that he would say such things. However, her determination was not crushed. If anything, she thought his words were a cry for help.

ˢᵉᶜᵒⁿᵈ ʸᵉᵃʳ

THE class was just full of loud students. Aurora made her way to her assigned seat, next to a girl named Lenora. She actually thought the girl was quite nice.

Across from the two girls, were Draco Malfoy and another boy called Jace. He didn't speak much though.

Ever since Aurora's first attempt to make friends with the blonde haired boy during her first year, she still hasn't given up. She was determined to make Draco Malfoy her friend.

Just then, the boy of the hour walked in. Aurora smiled immediately. "Don't look so happy, Wickes." He snapped, slamming his book on the table.

"I've just been having a good day." She responded. Malfoy rolled his eyes and took the seat across from Lenora. He didn't want to be anywhere near Aurora.

The lecture started, but all Aurora could think about was how she was going to start a conversation with Draco.

This was a daily occurrence.