two

AURORA opens her eyes to find the cold, grey light of dawn streaming in through her dormitory window

AURORA opens her eyes to find the cold, grey light of dawn streaming in through her dormitory window. She gets out of bed, her head throbbing slightly as she does. She yawns and gets changed, her mind suddenly filled with the memories of the previous night.

As she steps out of her dorm, she's hit by the coldness of the dungeon. As it does, she felt her eyes narrow in annoyance. She can just see it now: Malfoy sitting next to her in class, his eyes boring into hers. What will he do today? She wonders. Will he annoy me even more?

The sound of laughter echoes outside of the dormitory, and she sees Malfoy leaning against one of the walls, surrounded by his friends. She immediately retreats back into the dormitory, not wanting to run into him right now.

She really thinks about her escape plan. She really didn't want to face the blonde boy.

She lies in her bed, pondering Malfoy's annoying behavior. He has no reason whatsoever to hate her, but he does anyways - and that just makes him all the more irritating. She doesn't understand why he is the way that he is.

As Aurora lies there, however, she realizes that she can't lie in bed all day. She needs to eat. She needs to go to her classes. She needs to see her friends. Maybe she can't avoid Malfoy forever, but at least she could avoid him for a while.

She takes a deep breath and decide to find out. She heads out into the Common Room. She walks past Malfoy and his friends, but they don't notice. "Good," She thinks.

She starts to walk towards the Great Hall, eager to get some breakfast and speak to her friends. She was having a good morning so far since Malfoy didn't speak to her.

As she finally reaches the entrance to the Great Hall after walking for so long, she hesitates for a moment before taking a deep breath and stepping forward. If he does talk to me, I'll just ignore him. It's that simple.

The Great Hall is bustling with students, all getting in a meal before their classes start. She heads over to her friends, who are sitting at a table. They notice her approaching and stop their conversations. "Hey, Rory!" Romeo greets her with a smile. "Sit down!" Lenora says, eyes twinkling with excitement. "We were talking about Malfoy and his friends."

"Again?" Aurora scrunches her face up in disgust. She didn't understand her friends sometimes.

"Mostly just his friends. He hangs out with hot guys." Lenora says with a cheeky smile. Jace rolls his eyes.

"Like Lorenzo Berkshire. He's just so dreamy." Lenora adds. She sighs as she starts to daze off. Jace just shook his head. "He's not that dreamy." He mumbles.