I

***

***

Cerise
CASTERLY ROCK
300 AC

      COMPLICATED. That was the first word that came to mind. Everything was complicated. 

      Her position as named heir of The Rock, despite having an older sister and brother. 

      Her relationship with her sister, who held contempt for her yet saw so much of herself within her. 

      Her relationship with her father, who was as proud of her as a lion could be yet could never truly love her as much as he did his children with Joana. 

      Even she was complicated. She liked to think that she did not care about what people thought. In truth, she didn't. At least not where it didn't count. But Cersei and Tywin were her family. Her blood. She wanted to make them proud. 

      Yet, she also wanted to be better than them. Especially Cersei, who always treated her like a little girl. 

      And her brothers. Both of them loved her with their entire hearts, and so did she them. Yet Tyrion looked at her with eyes of jealousy, for inheriting what rightfully should have been his, and Jaime never risked coming to odd terms with his favorite sister over his younger one. 

      Cerise didn't have a problem with that either. Because she didn't need him coming to her rescue. She could handle Cersei on her own.

      Then there was her mother. She was but thirty and three, with a young face, showing only half her age. But she seemed twice as wise. She always wore a bright smile about court, a submissive one with her Lord Husband, and with her daughter, she wore only hope and love on her small face. 

      But sometimes, Cerise would catch her alone, looking just as solemn as any one woman could. That was what Cerise hated the most out of everything. 

     She loved her mother more than anything. So, when she found out that her mother was truly unhappy, she was willing to do just about anything to rectify that. 

      But Cerise knew that the only thing that would truly make Gale Lannister happy, was the death of Tywin Lannister. And as the Gods would see it, Cerise loved him too. 

      Like she'd said. 

      Everything was complicated. 

      "Reese," Lady Jeyne called, waving a hand in front of the Lannister's face.

      Cerise blinked and looked at her first cousin. "What?"

      Jeyne furrowed her eyebrows in suspicion. "Your question. It was, what is the first thing you think of, when you think of your family."

      "Oh yes." Cerise dropped two sugar cubes into her teacup and stirred them until they melted, pretending to contemplate. 

      She knew that her dear Ladies in Waiting were hanging on to her every move, just waiting for the fresh bit of gossip that they could spread about court.