Prologue

Jabari, Jamal, and Miles Morales were once inseparable. They all, as brothers, grew up in the poor side of Harlem, living off of crime and drug deals. They didn't have a choice but to do what they did. I mean, how can you when your father is practically non-existent and your mother refuses to come home at night? The trio, known as the Three Musketeers knew nothing of love and safety on the weed choked sidewalks of Harlem, they only knew that they had to survive the night on empty bellies and the hatred of the American system for putting them in this position in the first place. Then, one fateful night, the Three became the Two as life took from them what could never be returned: the life of a brother.

Through the anguish and pain of a lost one, the two brothers, Jamal and Jabari decided to take matters into their own hands and take back what was stolen from them: a life, which was the life of the person who wrongfully killed their brother. But, that only ended with Jabari being thrown in jail and Jamal abandoning him.

This eventually caught the attention of Dr. Olive Octavius and she was the one who busted him out. He later became a police officer and stayed in that position for 4 years before Dr. Octavius offered him a spot as assistant and bodyguard for her... he agreed, not wanting to leave his 4 year old child in the depths of the Harlem despair. But, he went anyway, hoping to establish a better life in Hyde Park for his wife and kid. But it all went to flames when the same company he and Melanie, his wife, worked for made her sick from a failed experiment... How could he live with himself after the mistake he made of letting his wife be in the mix of his dangerous work?

So, Jabari abandoned them completely never looking back at the life he robbed of his wife and daughter. He changed his last name to Dixon-Morris and continued to live in Hyde Park by himself, never looking back.

But, this isn't some tragic love story about Melanie and Jabari. This is a story about Nova Ortega-Dixon, the daughter of Jabari and Melanie and it was up to her weather or not she wanted to follow her fathers footsteps in a life of crime, or become her own person.

There's only one way to find out, so let's dive right in to the story...