VI

———————————————————————
A deep pounding Could be heard behind the door of Ballister's 'new home' which in reality was just an abandoned defense tower in the woods but Ballister fixed it up a bit.

Ballister's attention was brought to the pounding on the door earlier, the queen killer had already gone through enough, he dealt with all of the kingdom's hate, Todd's bullshit, killing the queen, the love of his life chopping his arm off to disarm the weapon he once bared.

Half of Ballister believed that Ambrosius was correct for this.
He disarmed a weapon, it's what they were trained to do.
But the other half of Ballister was screaming because who chops off an arm?
Arm chopping is NOT a love language.

Back to the door.
Who was behind it?
Why were they knocking so aggressively?
Did the knights find him?
Were they finally taking him to jail as the 'queen-killing monster' he is?

Maybe it was Ambrosius here to apologize?
Pull Ballister into a passionate and apologetic kiss-

No.
Back to the door.

Ballister let out a breath he didn't know he was holding in, he grabbed the closest 'weapon' he could find which was actually a broken glass Coke bottle.

With one fluid motion, Ballister slowly made his way towards the door, his footing light and airy not daring to make a sound.
His left arm shot for the door handle and pulled it open.

Nothing.

"That was...odd..?" Ballister muttered as he shut the door and sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.
He must be paranoid, losing his mind, or at least what was left of it.
He didn't know how long he'd been in this shitty little tower, yearning for human contact, another to connect with.

That was insane.
Ballister couldn't step foot out of this crumbling little tower in the woods, he couldn't go into the kingdom.

He was a 'queen killer' well yes.
But it wasn't his fault.
Was it?

"You are a mess.." A voice muttered. Ambrosius?!

Ballister swung around, his mind ecstatic, the love of his life was finally here!
Ballister's happiness was cut short.
That- that wasn't Ambrosius...

"You look freaked.." The owner of the voice muttered, looking at Ballister.
This wasn't Ambrosius at all! This was some- some child!

"What?!- How did you?-"
All the who, what, when, where, why's, and how's were running through Ballister's head right now.

This Child was in His home.
Well, it wasn't his home.
But still, it didn't matter.
He was here first!

No.
Address the situation.
Random child.

"Who are you..?" Ballister asked after a few moments of collecting his mind this child was odd.
Appearance and aura.

"The names Finn." The child who was introduced as Finn stated.
But was this Finn?
Who even was Finn?
Where did this child come from?

More importantly, why did this kid look the way he did?
Bright green hair that looked like it was cut with a butcher knife, trashy clothing, the kid looked a hot mess.

"Well okay then..- where are you from? Why are you here? Did the knights send you?" Ballister crawled out of the little overthinking hole in his mind to ask.

"I'm here about the job?"

"Job? What- what job? This isn't some convenience store-"

"To be your sidekick? Yknow be villains and stuff-" Finn mumbled.

"I am not a villain- it- it was a malfunction- I'm not the one who killed the queen-"

"Cowabummer- you're a lame-o like everyone else?" Finn seemed almost..disappointed?.. would Finn rather Ballister be a bloodthirsty monster who hunts from the shadows and slaughters the innocent?
At this point and based on Finn's reactions probably.

"So how did you get-" Ballister looked away for one second.
And when he did.
Finn was gone.
Was Finn even there to begin with?
Was Ballister going insane?

"Good Gloreth I need help..-" Ballister mumbled under his breath.
———————————————————————