chapter 8

Hailey sighed as she walked through the crowded hallways, making her way to the cafeteria. She lined up, the line was already quite long so she knew it would take a while. She looked up and took notice of who was infront of her. Sadie was at the front of the line, followed by Daisy who was chatting to stacy next to her. Oh, and right in front of Hailey stood Jake. Jake looked behind him to see Hailey who was staring at him. Hailey quickly looked down at her feet.

Finally she had escaped from the line and scanned the cafeteria, she caught sight of her brother and his boyfriend. She smiled at the pair and made her way to the table. She sat down and tunes into the conversation.

"Grape Jelly is THE best, no question!" Zander argued.

"Nah uh, strawberry is soo much better!" Luke disagreed.

Hailey laughed, the couple often had silly disagreements like this. It always ended with a hug and a kiss though. She looked down at her plate and thought about what Zander said earlier. Would it be best to forgive Jake? And what about Trevor??

"Hey guys!" Trevor said with a bright smile, sitting down next to Hailey. Hailey frowned, she didnt want to sit next to him anymore.

"Hey.. Trevor" She said, trying to muster up a smile. She looked at her step brother then at the ground. Zander frowned, he knew what Hailey was thinking.

Zander cleared his throat, "umm Trevor, your friends were looking for you before. Their names are like, Jacob or something"

"Ohh, right! Thanks Zander I'll go look for them" Trevor got up and walked away.

Hailey let out a sigh of releif and smiled at Zander. She looked down at her plate again, she hadnt touched her food. Her appetite had been gone the last few days, she honestly just wanted Jake back.

"Hailey.. are you alright?" Luke asked with a concerned look on his face.

Hailey bit her lip and looked up at both Zander and Luke.

"I.. I think we should forgive Jake."

Sorry this one was short but ill try to make the next one longer💗