nervous confessions-vernon

non!idol vernon x childhood!best!friend male reader
pronouns used: he/him
content warning: cursing, depictions of anxiety
requested*

sitting in his bedroom, hansol looked up at the ceiling, back of his mind running in different places. the fan twirled fastly, closing his eyes to block the headache forming. "ugh," he groaned, putting his hand on his forehead. sharp memories poked his mind, hansol grimacing in pain.

"-hansol? hansol are you okay?" m/n asked, holding his friend's hand. hansol's face burned in blush, looking away from m/n's face. "i'm fine." he said, heart pumping heavily. "you sure?" putting his hand up to hansol's forehead, m/n sighed, playing with the boy's hair.

frowning, hansol looked at his watch, panicking. "oh shit i got to go. i'm going to miss the subway." m/n's face fell, quickly recovering. "oh. i'll see you later." "bye." hansol said, running fast toward the station, mind racing.

his heart was beating fast that he couldn't feel his fingers. scanning his subway card, hansol made his way to the track that would take him to his dorms, sighing deeply in relief.

it was always so sweet and sad to see m/n. no matter how much older he got, his feelings toward his best friend never changed.

m/n was his childhood friend. they new each other since they were little boys. when hansol decided to move to korea for his upper schooling, m/n followed suit. and while he was so happy, it didn't help hansol's teenage crush on the boy he was too afraid to act upon.

he had started to like m/n during highschool, much to his confusion. had he ever liked guys before m/n? hansol had started to like girls in middle school, but guys? m/n was his eye opener.

7th grade.

7th grade hansol walked through the school, hands holding the straps of his backpack. "hansol!" m/n said, waving at his friend. "hi m/n!" walking next to his friend, m/n smiled brightly, hansol's heart fluttering.

"what class do you have right now?" "science." m/n groaned, hansol smiling. "good luck." he said, getting in line in front of his math class. "bye!" m/n said, leaving his friend behind.

hansol's heart dropped when m/n walked away. he didn't know what he was feeling. he'd feel it to the girls in his class, but all of a sudden m/n had taken his heart by storm.

was he gay?

hansol shuddered at the thought. he couldn't be gay. but maybe-

he soon changed the train of thoughts. he didn't have to figure that out now. all he knew m/n made him feel things. and that was okay. maybe. possibly.

standing up, hansol peeled off his clothes, walking to his closet to put on his pajamas. he made his way to the bathroom, brushing his teeth, spitting out the toothpaste. looking straight at the mirror, he weakly smiled. it was him.

not like it would be anyone else.

sighing, he left the bathroom to put himself under the sheets, turning off the lights before falling asleep.

***

his eyes kept opening, watching the fan run in quick circles on the ceiling of his bedroom. his stomach turned in circles alongside it, bile crawling up his throat. he needed to tell him. he needed to get it out there.