Chapter 9: the consequences

I took a few deep breaths, trying to steady myself as I got mentally prepared for the scene that was about to happen with Valentina and Duda.

This was literally the worst possible outcome of the situation. And I was so not prepared for this.

'I really hope there isn't a fight', the thought made me go downstairs faster towards the patio where I knew the scene would take place.

By rushing so hard, I almost missed the last step and fell on my face. But luckily, no one was there to see my stumble.

'Get it together Reis. If you break your face now, Natalie will be even more upset with you'

The rest of the cast already went towards their respective hotels since they didn't have any scenes to do tonight, so this only left Buiar, Ingrid, our directors and a few of the crew for the sound and light.

Technically I could've gone to the hotel already since I wasn't in this scene but I wanted to wait for Buiar. Hopefully my presence showed her that I wanted to make it up to her.

The crew didn't pay attention to the fact that I was still here. Because Pri and I used to wait for each other all the time if one of us finished earlier for the day.

Those good memories made me feel uneasy again, knowing that I may have possibly fucked up the whole friendship.

Trying not to get ahead of myself and think of the worst possible outcome, I took a deep breath and tried to calm down.

I took a seat next to the patio when Priscilla started to go over the scene with them.

The fact that Valentina would try to 'seduce' Duda as a joke really was the most ironic aspect of the whole situation.

It was clear that Ingrid didn't really know whether to approach Buiar for the scene or not. But one look at my face gave her the answer.

I was pretty sure that interacting with Ingrid now wouldn't be the best option for now.

I prayed that they would finish this scene quickly so Pri and I could go back to our hotel room. Hopefully, we would be able to finish the conversation there.

Since we hadn't been in a fight before, I really had no idea how to approach it. Like do I immediately go talk to her? Do I give her space? Do I wait until she starts the conversation?

This was the first time that I had to think about how to interact with Buiar.

Well of course besides the new kind of dynamic that we created. Something that I still didn't know if she felt the switch as I did.

I guess that I was so much in my own head, that I didn't realize it when someone sat down beside me.

Natalie was still a bit suspicious and I couldn't blame her. First our conversation about how distracted I've been, and then to find Pri and I upset with each other.

Even if she was our friend, she was also still our director who had a tight schedule. Someone who couldn't afford any delays or fights between co-stars.

That's why, when Pugliese was focused on the scene, she tried to approach me. At first, Natalie didn't say anything, as if waiting for me to start.

"I'll make it up tonight" I tried to explain to her. She only nodded so I continued "there just has been a misunderstanding".

I had no idea how to put it. I didn't want to tell her the truth, not knowing if that would change anything about the series.

Fuck I hadn't thought about that.

My head was starting to go in a full on panic mode. When they offered me this position, we didn't discuss the possible relationship between co-stars since Pri and I are straight.