Chapter 10: the lie

As soon as I closed the door behind me, I could finally breathe again.

'What on earth was that. That was not how I envisioned the night' I kept thinking, replaying Buiar's face at the end over and over again.

'Does that mean that she likes you? Was she just doing that because she was jealous of Ingrid? Fuck Ingrid' I totally forgot the lie that I made up.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket, because yes this awesome dress also has pockets, and dialed Ingrid's number while turning on the shower to drown out the noise.

She picked up at the second ring "shit don't tell me it went that bad?" she instantly asked me. "I may have made up something" I replied worriedly, as quiet as I could.

I was sure I was leaving marks on the floor as I kept pacing back and forth.

"Reis, what did you do" she grew a bit anxious in anticipation and I couldn't blame her. "I may have told her that you have feelings for me".

"YOU WHAT" Ingrid yelled so loud in my ear that I had to hold my phone away for a few seconds so I didn't get permanent hearing problems.

I could hear Gabi telling her to be quiet from the other room, almost making me laugh despite the awful situation that I was in.

"I panicked okay, she was asking me all these questions and I just blurted something out that would kind of make sense" I tried to explain "but it also practically confirmed her jealousy."

This confession sparked Ingrid's attention "carry on". "So she was saying that you got your hands all over me and stuff, so I kind of asked if she was jealous and I swear she was."

"And then?" Ingrid asked impatiently, obviously eager to know what happened next.

"Well I kind of pressed her up against the desk and she let me. But then I started overthinking everything and I kind of chickened out."

I tried to leave out the part where my competitiveness prevented me from kissing Buiar. Ingrid would literally throw something at my head if she knew.

"But before you say anything, I totally did leave her asking for more. Or at least I hope I did" I explained quickly.

"I am shipping Buiareis so hard. But seriously, what am I supposed to do with the fact that I apparently have feelings for you?"

"Well you make a good point there" I tried to think of a solution that wouldn't put us in exactly the same position as tonight.

"Tomorrow there is the dinner and party of the end of the season so we could stay close then, see what Buiar does. Just so that I am 100% sure about her feelings" I suggested hopefully.

I could hear Ingrid sigh, questioning my plan but she decided to go along with it. But just for tomorrow.

"You really owe me Reis. And if you two finally get together, you better tell her that I do not have feelings for you because I don't want a jealous Buiar on my back."

She whispered the last part "she can get really intimidating with those annoyingly pretty eyes of hers" which made me stifle a laugh so Pri wouldn't hear me.

"You don't even want to know what those eyes do to me", Ingrid made some kind of vomiting sound to which I rolled my eyes.

"Reis, stop making me feel so single and go get the woman. I'll help you tomorrow".

I felt so supported and happy by Ingrid that it made me feel less anxious about my conversation with Natalie.

If something were to happen between us, I would face the consequences afterwards. But I won't let that stop me.