Chapter 1: the reunion

The Christmas Special was a last minute decision by the directors since we got so much positive feedback on the first season. We have to film about 4 episodes in about 3 weeks, even though the episodes won't be as long as the normal ones.

During these 3 weeks we are back in the mountains in the mansion and we have to stay in the hotel again, which means that my roommate will be my screen partner again.

My screen partner is no one other than Priscila Buiar who is also a model like me. We've known each other from the acting academy but we were only acquaintances so I didn't really know her personally.

So when Natalie and Priscilla contacted me about the opportunity of playing the lead role in a web-series, I was immediately interested. When I read the book, I knew I made the right decision and I was offered a job right away.

Since then it has been a rollercoaster of filming for 3 months for 12+ hours a day with a wonderful cast and crew. I met most of the other cast members soon after the offer and got along with every one of them well.

But when I was told who my screen partner would be, I admit I got a little nervous. Buiar was someone who was very well known in the Brazilian modeling industry because she, admittedly, is a gorgeous woman but also a wonderful actress. So to say I was a bit intimidated was an understatement.

Natalie and Priscilla didn't feel like we needed to do some sort of 'chemistry test' since they knew that we knew of each other and they felt like we were the right fit. So when I first saw her again after the acting academy, the intimidation stayed a bit, but when I saw how shy she was, most of it went away.

I have always been a very extraverted person and very friendly with everyone I meet so when I saw her, I knew that our dynamic would be exactly what we needed. When I looked into those vibrant green eyes and hugged her, I knew for sure that they made the right decision.

Since then we've been kind off inseparable because we compliment each other very well but we have our own distinct personalities which has been very entertaining for me. It took Buiar some time to fully come out of her shell but after the first week she was teasing me with the rest of the cast members when I was being clumsy as usual.

We both have the same core values and the same sort off professional journey with modeling and acting so it's been really nice to connect with her on that level.

So that brings me to the Christmas Special which we will be filming over the next 3 weeks. We are all back in the house after being apart for 2 months after the launch of the first season. Buiar has some modeling work left that she has to take care off the first 3 days so I am immediately prepped for the scenes without her.

Even though Thomas and the other cast members are absolutely hilarious and lovely to film with, I still was still missing Buiar's presence which isn't a first for me.

I finished the first scenes with Leo, Catarina, Marcos, Roger and ofcourse the cute dog named Duke. So the first few days I was alone in our hotel room where we usually stayed which was really strange because I am used to being with Buiar almost 24/7 since we work together, eat together and sleep together, well not really in that sense.

During this alone time I have had a chance to think about the amazing friendship that we quickly build and maintained over these months of filming, but also before and after. Even though we don't get to see each other often after filming since we are both always busy with our modeling work. During these 3 nights alone I thought about our dynamic in the first season where we had to reestablish our relationship.

The weird thing about acting is that you get sucked into a story where you play a character that you need to fully embody in order to perform to the best of your abilities. In this case, we are sucked into a love story where, after some time, you start to see the other person as the character that she is playing. So after a while I started seeing Buiar as a good mother and a good wife which was very confusing for me.

Imagine if you know you're straight your entire life, you suddenly start to feel the things that your character is supposed to feel for Valentina. I don't know if Buiar felt the same way as I did but I was grateful for the small break in between filming in order to get my thoughts straight again.

It allowed me some time apart from her so now I fully feel like Reis again even though I have to get in Luiza's character once more.
And this time we're filming the Christmas Special from the past. This means that we are married which will be a whole other dynamic than last season when Luiza lost her memory.

When the fourth day arrived we all came early to the set to make up for lost time. The day would involve some emotional scenes between Valentina and her mother so I was already mentally preparing myself since Buiar always gets sucked into the character's emotional state in order to perform to her best abilities. I headed into hair and make-up since they were supposed to be dressed up for the festivities for when Valentina's parents visited.

Afterwards I could hear a car driving up the hill towards the mansion and for some reason I got a little nervous about seeing Buiar again which was really weird. 'You're just happy to see her again, it has been some time after spending so much time together' I was telling myself. And even though I am not in the best mood in the morning since I arrived at 5 am, my entire face lit up when she walked through the huge front door.

Those gorgeous green eyes were looking through the room when Ingrid, who plays Duda, enthusiastically hugged her. Then her eyes locked on to mine and I could see her face soften at the sight of me while she wasn't paying much attention to everyone who was greeting her. After what felt like a lifetime she finally crossed the distance in the room between us and opened her arms for me.

The moment I nuzzled my head in her neck I could hear her sigh and I could feel her body relax. "I missed you" she whispered in my ear which made my heart, for some weird reason, beat a little faster. I murmured "I missed you too". When we finally pulled apart, I could see everyone staring at us which made me blush a little. Especially Ingrid was looking at us with a suspicious look on her face.

"Okay that was very cute but now everyone get back to work! Buiar go to hair and make-up, Reis if you're ready we can start run through the scene with Valleria so we're on schedule" Natalie exclaimed and immediately, everyone went to work. "I will see you in a bit" Buiar said to me while she went to Mona to get her hair as straight as possible to look like Valentina again.

'I really hope I'm not going to feel all those things like the end of the previous season' I thought when I saw her walking away from me.