chapter two;

chapter two;

GENMA SHIRANUI WAS ALRIGHT.

He was fine for a sensei, for them anyway.

And with them, Naomi meant Hiroshi and Katsuro. her new teammates.

Don't get her wrong, Genma seemed like nice man—and for some reason his chakra felt familiar too. He looked like a rather laid-back person, someone who could take anything and anyone. He teased them playfully and was very humble of his achievements too.

It was just— he reminded her of someone Naomi didn't like to think about.

When Genma said they will spar against esch other, they all looked a bit unsure.

Each of them had their own reasons, of course, it was clear on faces. One a clanless kid being crept up with insecurities, the other being the descendants of one of the two oldest clans, the founder of konoha.

Personally, Naomi thought she didn't want to fight her teammates. She liked them enough, and she certainly didn't want to hurt them.

„You need to know each other's moves if you want to be in a team. Analyse each other, predict each other's next step. You'll need it in a battle outside the village."

They did end up fighting each other.

It wasn't clear who won as all three of them were panting with exhaustion near the end, but Naomi was vaguely aware she was the last one to collapse on the ground.

On her way to the uchiha compound—because she'd be damned if she let the day pass by without knowing who her friend's sensei is—she was huffing and glaring, thinking of the introduction genma put them through.

„I want to know your full name, i want to know your abilities and i want to know your goal," Genma told them within the first minutes, playing with a senbon in his mouth.

She had told him, with a casual shrug because she was a little shit like that, „My name is Rheina Inuzuka, my abilities are to sniff my behind without turning my head and my goal is it to make lots of puppies who can trail their own tail."

He laughed, then asked her seriously to which she replied with the same answer she gave her father everytime he asked her the same question.

I'm going to become super strong, so i can protect the people i love.

Needless to say, Naomi didn't like the doubting look on his face. Shinobi's were always so full of themselves, thinking kunoichi's were the weaker bunch when all they needed was a kick in the crouch and they'd be down.

She grumbled curses on the way, before realising she entered the old uchiha compound.

A fitting frown rested on her face as she quietly walked towards the main house. She recalled herself telling Sasuke to live somewhere else, the trauma of waking up every morning to this would kill him one day. Sasuke said he wasn't going to give Itachi the pleasure to take away the one thing he still had.

She understood. It still didn't feel healthy.

Naomi knocked on the door three times.

Sasuke opened the door, a glare naturally on his face as he looked at her impatiently. He was already in a black shirt and shorts, ready to go to sleep. He must've gone to bed already.

Naomi beamed at him, „I hope your day was better than mine."

„I was hoping it was the end of it," Sasuke said through gritted teeth, looking tired and grouchy.