chapter one;

chapter one;

IT WAS DAYLIGHT IN KONOHA gakure. The sun was shining brightly through the window of a small apartment, hitting straight at the figure who was sitting on a chair in his kitchen peacefully, looking through a file of documents for the team he was unfortunately stuck with.

There was a moment of silence where the birds piped happily on the warm summer morning and Kakashi relaxed into the seat.

"PAPA?!"

It boomed through the walls suddenly. He could hear a crash and a whoosh, tensing again. His head snapped up just in time to watch his twelve years old daughter rushing down the stairs with her shoe in her hand, desperately trying to shove her foot in.

He raised an unimpressed eyebrow at her, "Shouldn't you be in the academy already?"

She grinned at him innocently, "Don't be such a hypocrite, papa. You know who I got it from." She looked down to see her foot finally in the shoe, "definitely not from mama."

Kakashi sighed. There were days where he wished she wasn't so much like her mother, always so mischievous, happy and unbearably sarcastic.

Then again, he didn't want her to turn out like him either. He didn't know if her heart could handle that.

Naomi was generally a very bubbly person. She was the kind of girl who could make a S-rang criminal wear a flower crown. Naomi usually got along with anyone that seemed remotely nice to her.

There was no doubt she was a people person, a good one with a golden heart. When she told him she wanted to be a shinobi he was a bit doubtful.

It had taken for her to tell him her reason for him to enroll her in the academy.

„Papa, I want to be a shinobi. I don't care what you say, what if you go on a big mission and don't come back?! and— and who will protect Hinata-chan when she doesn't stand up for herself? I have to be strong enough to protect you both!"

„Your graduation was yesterday, Naomi," he pointedly ignored her comment, „You'll be assigned to a team today."

„Right." she nodded firmly before her expression changed into a lighter one and she grinned at him, „Come on, papa, can't you tell me which team I'm assigned to?"

Kakashi chuckled heartedly and ruffled her hair in affection, „No, I can't."

„Aw." she pouted.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Naomi hummed under her breath lowly, her arms crossed behind her head in a lazy manner. Now that she was out of the house, the way to the academy didn't seem so far away and she supposed she could take her time to it.

It wasn't like they had an actual lesson, if anything she could just ask Iruka later in what team she was.

Or maybe her father was rubbing off her.

She shrugged lightly at her thoughts, smiling and waving kindly at the little kids in her way. They waved back at her happily, some of them recognizing her for whatever chaos she caused or whoever in their family she helped.

Naomi was almost there when she stumbled upon something on the ground. She almost fell down if it weren't for the quick balance in the last second.

„Nee-san!" a squeaky voice caught her attention and she looked down at what caused her to stumble.

Her lips parted in surprise at the sight of a nine-year-old child, „Konohamaru."

Konohamaru Sarutobi was a kid she used to babysit whenever her father was on missions. She used to get bored at the house, so after pestering the lord third, the man ordered her to watch his grandson.