Chapter 5: Negative thoughts

It's been a week and Taeyong got used to the team

It's been a week and Taeyong got used to the team. He got pretty comfortable befriending everyone, doing simple tasks at first, that Renjun ordered.

Everyone in NCT U carried their work, like usually, but one person couldn't focus on anything.

Jisung sat on the chair in an empty room, looking at the papers blindly. He looked at them, but saw nothing, while thinking about the strange girl's words to him.

You deserve better.

He took a phone out of his pocket to look at the chat with Eunji.

babe

hi baby
im busy tonight
i cant come to the
race tonight
im so sorry, i hope
you re not angry

Jisung sighed heavily, staring at her words. Again. She couldn't come again. It sounds like nothing, maybe, she was really busy and he understood that, but something bothered him.

His girlfriend was too secretive with him. He wished, she could open up more about her life and thoughts. Jisung really wanted to have a trustworthy person, that he could cherish every day.

He thought for a second before answering her.

its ok
im not angry
have fun with
whatever you re doing
text me later

The boy turned off the screen, to put the phone back in his pocket.

"Are you okay?"

Jisung jumped on his chair, standing up right away to see Taeyong leaning on the door frame.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Doesn't look like that. It seems like you can't focus today."

"True- I need a break."

"What's your plan?"

"I'm going to the garage to tinker a little with my cars."
Jisung passed by the older and he followed him immediately.

"Oh! Are you interested in cars? Racing perhaps?"

"Yup, racing. I won the last race and I want to keep up the scores."

"It's really interesting. I wish you good luck, man."

"Thanks, dude. You can come one day to watch."

"I will for sure."

Jisung turned around to bump his fist with his, then disappeared in the elevator.