Chapter 25: The light in your darkness

"Are you sure, it's a good idea?" Yuxi asked hesitantly, walking out of the elevator

Yuxi asked hesitantly, walking out of the elevator.

"Yup. It's going to be fun. Besides, I haven't seen Woojung for a while."
Jisung shrugged, knocking on the door.

After a couple of seconds, the door opened, revealing Haechan in a pink apron.

"What the hell?"
Jisung held his laughter in, almost bursting out. Yuxi smiled at the view of Haechan in front of her, nudging Jisung's arm.

''Good to see you, Yuxi. Come in and leave this idiot outside alone.''
Haechan announced, walking further into his apartment.

''Hey!''
Being indignant, Jisung pouted, walking behind Yuxi.

''So, what's going on? What's with the apron?''
Yuxi asked, getting interested.

''Oh, this? I'm cooking a soup for Woojung. Also, baking cookies for sudden guests.''
Haechan exclaimed, while walking to the kitchen oven.

''Oh, how sweet! You didn't have to, really. I mean, I'm good. I like cookies, though.''
Yuxi explained nervously, twisting her fingers.

The boy in the apron watched her with a smirk, growing on his face.

''I can see, why you like her.''
He turned to Jisung and the said boy widened his eyes. A blush painted on his face.

''Hi! I didn't hear you coming in."
Kesoo stepped into the kitchen, blooming with happiness.

A certain someone stood by her side, holding her leg like his life depended on it.

"Guys, that's our son- Woojung. Woojung-ah, say hello."

The little boy hid behind Kesoo's leg, peeking out at the strangers.

"Sorry, he's a little bit shy."
Kesoo chuckled, patting the boy's head endearingly.

''It's alright, he's too cute."
Yuxi smiled, waving to the boy.

After chitchatting in the kitchen for a longer while, the cookies were done and served onto the table by the house's 'professional baker'.

Kesoo fed her son- who sat in her lap, talking about the old times. They laughed, joked about their job and Jisung almost fell off the couch from the amount of laughter.

Later on, it was time for Woojung's nap and Kesoo went to his room to put him to sleep. While, she was gone, Yuxi stood up to wander around the living room, looking at the various photos. A smile visited her face, until she saw something, that made her smile drop immediately.

She looked at the picture of Kesoo and Jungwoo, embracing each other from the side, smiling the widest, they could.

Tears threatened to fall, as she clenched her fists. Jisung, realizing what's happening, appeared by her side, squeezing the girl's shoulder comfortingly.