Chapter Thirty-Two

"The only objects of practical reason are therefore those of good and evil. For by the former is meant an object necessarily desired according to a principle of reason; by the latter one necessarily shunned, also according to a principle of reason."

-Immanuel Kant

Rose was awoken by someone shifting next to her. Her mind had to catch up; oh right. She had escaped Anthony, travelled to her family's Universe, where Mickey decided to tag along; ended up in Austria and was now...in the TARDIS, yes.

She must have fallen asleep the moment her head hit the pillow.

Stifling a yawn, she opened her eyes slowly, blinking away the dryness.

"Hey, baby." a male voice called to her.

She was taken aback, and her heart skipped a beat. A shy smile made its presence on her lips. "How long was I out for?"

The Doctor threw a hand over her body and pulled her into his arms. "Five hours." he whispered into her hair.

"Hm." she nodded. After some time, she'd continue. "You kept your promise."

He planted a kiss on her temple. "Hungry?"

"Starving."

"Great. I'll cook some food while you get ready."

Her eyes flung wide open as she leaned on her elbow to take a better look at him. "You? Cook? Am I in the wrong Universe?"

He smiled. "Luckily you're wrong. Come on, chop chop."

Rose made her way to the bathroom whilst he walked to the galley. He took out some eggs from the fridge, prepared the stove and got to work. Omelette. Easy to do, right?

As Rose finished up her shower, she then brushed her teeth and went to change clothes. The smell of something burning invaded her nostrils. She quickly pulled on her shoes and ran to the kitchen.

The Doctor was slumped forwards, hovering over a pan that was now sizzling in pain, what seemed to be the cadaver of eggs...?

Rose bit her lip as she tried not to laugh. "How did you even survive without me?"

"Rose." he turned to face her. His expression was one of a puppy, eyes glistened with disappointment and eyebrows were furrowed. "I think I've overcooked the food."

She ran a hand through her damp hair and chuckled. "It's okay. You're good at other things."

They opted for cereal, and as they sat down to eat, Rose appreciated the TARDIS' ventilation as it got rid of the fumes and smell.

"Anything happen while I was out?" she chewed her cornflakes. "Has Jack returned?"

The Doctor shook his head. "Not yet."

"And Anthony?"

"I wanted to talk to you about that." he pushed away his bowl. "Do you trust me?"

"Always." she said. "Why? What's going on?"

He rubbed the back of his neck as he contemplated how to say it. "When it comes down to Anthony, I don't want you anywhere near him. I want you to remain back at the Hub."

And, Gods, he knew she was going to fight him on this. It's who Rose was. She'd never truly accept the idea of-

"Okay."

"Sorry?" his brows shot up in surprise.

Rose leaned back with a sigh. "I trust you. And to be honest, I'm kinda sick of seeing his face. So yes, I'll stay here. But only if you promise me to be careful. And if you need me, in any way, I want you to let me know."