17

"Avery" I call out going in the girls room. Spencer is away on a case and I am lonely.
"Hi" she smiles. She was reading a book while holding Harper. It's only 9:30 so I expected her to be awake.

"It's a tad bit lonely on the first floor." She throws her blanket back inviting me to get in bed with her. I do happily, she lays on my shoulder.

"I think D-Alex found him." She whispers.

"I think so too. But you know they love you and Harper as if you were their dna. You don't have to stutter over calling Alexandru dad. I'm sure he would love it if you called him that." I smile rubbing Harper's head.
"I don't know."

"I bet we could test that." I smile grabbing my phone and texting him. After a few seconds he comes in, pajamas and glasses on. I pick up Harper holding her close.

"Just wanted to say goodnight." I smile.
"Well goodnight, Aya don't keep my daughter awake with your shenanigans." He comes over to hug and kiss her.

"Don't blame me." I grumble causing her to laugh.

"Goodnight Princess."

"Goodnight Dad." He freezes for a few seconds before turning and hugging the girl. He picks her up as if she's a toddler. He kisses her cheek.

"You mean the world to me princess and I love you so much." He whispers hugging her.

"I love you too" she kisses his cheek as he lays her back down.

"Is Mom awake ?" She asks

"She wasn't but if she is I will send her in here. Night Aya."

"Good night" I smile then my phone rings. Alex leaves the room heading for his. My heart starts racing as I check who's calling.

'Kite Boy<3'

"Hello" I don't know if he is around anyone.

"Hi Isa" he says softly.

"Hi Wally."

"I missed your voice." I smile

"I miss your hugs, I wish you didn't have to go work."

"Gotta save the world one case at a time."

"I know, I just can't sleep alone. Plus Alexandru says I am bothering his princess with my shenanigans." He laughs

"Well we're close to solving the case and we can cuddle when I get back." He says in a sleepy tone.

"Did you eat today?"

"Yes I had a sandwich from the hospital and a few slices of pizza. Did you eat? Have you still been getting sick?"

"I went for lunch with Avery and Harper. Then i had some soup for dinner. I've just been getting motion sickness. I don't know what's wrong." I smile pulling the test out of my pocket and showing Avery. A shocked face takes over her features as she beings frantically breathing and silent screaming. She hugs me and gets up running out of the room.

"We can go to the doctors when I get back. I have to get back. I love you so very much and I can't wait to hold you in my arms."

"I love you too baby, I love you so so much." I sit waiting for him to hang up but he never does.

"Alright I really do have to go. Bye, love you" he says and hangs up.

"Mom, Dad look" Avery says grabbing the test from the bed. She shows Amoura who's face doesn't change.

"Who's is that?" Alex asks looking at it. I smile proudly.

"Have you made sure it's not ectopic?" She asks and I nod.