Dealing with a fox

◇ akira and tomoya are roommates in this like in the birthday thing !!!

-◇-◇-◇

"Tomoya, I need to tell you that all the girls and I are going for a trip, and I know you're going to die of loneliness, so I called someone to stay here with you."

Tomoya raised his head from the couch. "Really?" She knows me that well? "Who is it?"

Akira didn't turn around, only checking everything in the bag like a busy mother. "Kyouran."

Tomoya didn't reply.

How am I supposed to feel about this?

I don't know much about Kyouran. When all of our friends decide to have a gathering, he's normally absent. None of us know his job, either.

"Oh...."

"What?" Akira finally looked up at him with an eyebrow raised. "Don't tell me you want me to send Yumeo here instead."

"Of course not!" He snapped at her. "It's just, I don't know how to act around Kyouran. Everyone else, I would be fine with...but I barely know the guy...you know?"

"Just be friendly and try to get along with him. There isn't a problem with it. I know it's a field you clearly struggle in, but it wouldn't kill you to try."

Tomoya sighed heavily. "Yeah, yeah."

He stayed on the couch lazily waiting for Kyouran's arrival. Poor me, I've even forgotten his face.

"Akira! I'd hoped to bond with the girls preferably away from you... but here we are!" Izanami stood at the door with a bright smile. "I've brought Kyouran, too, so get your bags to the car, okay?"

Izanami does not like Akira. At all. I'm suprised she expresses her hate with such a dazzling smile. Tomoya rubbed his eyes.

"Aren't you going to help me?" Akira gestured to the very heavy luggage.

"They aren't mine." Izanami tilted her head. "Well, chop chop. Wouldn't want to keep everyone waiting." She skipped away, leaving a grumbling Akira to hoist the bags up herself.

"Make sure not to open the door to strangers, okay? And try not to get lazy just because Kyouran is here. I expect you on your best behaviour." She turned to Tomoya.

Who does she take me for?!

"I'm not a baby, Akira." He scowled at her. "I'm perfectly capable of handling this house by myself if I need to!"

"Mm hmm." She left the house, Tomoya sighing again. "She does this every time she needs to leave for a long time..."

"Hey.."

He raised his head, seeing Kyouran peeking his head through the entrance with a petite smile. "Is anyone here..?"

"Oh! Kyouran." He looks good. Really good. Since the last time I saw him, at least. "How are you? Long time no see!"

Kyouran slipped inside, his smile widening. "Tomoya, I haven't seen you in forever." He held out his hand. "How are you and Akira? I don't get the chance to talk to either of you often, it's such a shame."

Tomoya shook it. His hand is so warm
....
I mean.

"We're both doing good." Tomoya moved so Kyouran could sit on the couch. "What about you? Everyone misses you."

"Oh, that's not true. I'm practically a ghost, and I keep missing all of our meet-ups." Kyouran frowned. "I really do try to get to them, you know."

This conversation is going pretty smoothly, contrary to the blazing heap of mess I predicted earlier.