Another New Girl

Chapter 5

Joshua Dun's POV:

Another day at the shop. I showed up before Vanessa, and opened everything up. She was pretty late. After about a half an hour of me being there, she showed up.

"I'm sorry I'm late. I walked Tyler to work," she said, which I raised an eyebrow at. "How come you walked him to work?" I asked, walking over to her. She looked up at me. "He didn't want to be alone. Not after what happened last night. I don't blame him."

"Whoa whoa whoa. What happened last night?" I asked.

"Tyler punched his mirror and hurt himself with one of the shards. When I went over there to ask what happened, I saw what he did and he started crying. He told me he didn't want to be alone so I stayed at his place for the night," Nessa explained, running her hands through her hair. "He had night terrors. The were terrifying for me to witness, but I'm sure they weren't as terrifying for me as they were for him." I looked at her sadly. "I didn't know he was having night terrors more frequently.." I sighed. "He'll be okay, Ness." I wrapped my arms around her and she sniffled. "I was so worried for him," she said shakily.

I was about to say something, but the door opened, and a girl walked in. I pulled away from my hug with Nessa and looked at the girl.

Wow.

She was beautiful.

She had blue hair and big brown eyes that lit up when she looked around at all of the records we had. "Can I help you find something?" I asked, approaching her. I was never this confident around girls, but something about this girl made me feel like I could fly. The mystery girl looked up at me and smiled, shaking her head. My god, she had a beautiful smile. "No. I'm just looking around. I just moved here. I'm Belle," she held her hand out to me, which I gratefully shook. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Josh," I smiled warmly at her. She giggled lightly.

"Josh, quit flirting and help the poor girl find what she needs!" Nessa shouted from the other side of the store, causing me to blush and Belle to giggle. "Were you flirting with me?" she asked, causing me to blush even more. "Well I.. uh.. w-well.." I stuttered, zipping the skeleton up on my hoodie and walking away. I heard Belle giggle as I walked over to Nessa. "Why would you do that?" I whisper yelled, shoving her gently and playfully, causing her to laugh. "Because I like to mess with you," she grinned smugly. I heard the little bell at the register ring. Since I was too nervous to ever show my face in front of Belle again, Nessa went up front to take care of Belle. After about ten minutes, she came back. "Two things. One, I gave Belle a copy of Regional at Best," Nessa said, which made me smiled.

"And two, she gave me this to give to you. I didn't open it." Nessa handed me and small slip of paper, my name written on it in neat cursive print. I unfolded it and read what it said:

 'Hey, Josh! You seem really cool and sweet. We should hang out some time. Call me? -Belle' And under that message was Belle's phone number.

I smiled and blushed softly. "Call her later, man. She seemed really chill," Nessa said. I smiled a little more and nodded.

I would most definitely be calling her later on.

~~

Later on, Nessa and I went to Taco Bell for lunch again meeting up with Tyler and sitting down. "How're you feeling, Ty?" Nessa asked, a soft smile on her face. Tyler smiled and nodded. "I'm doing better, thanks. And thank you for not like, running away after you saw how crazy I am," Tyler looked down, Nessa reaching across the table and resting her hand on top of Tyler's closed fist. "I'm never gonna care about you any less because of that, Tyler. You're only human," Nessa said with a smile. Tyler smiled lightly and nodded. "Thanks, Ness. It really does mean a lot."

We talked over our tacos, Nessa bringing up the fact that I got a girl's number, making me blush. "Get some, dude," Tyler said, causing Nessa to almost spit out her soda. "Tyler!!" I shouted, causing him and Nessa to erupt into laughter. "I hate you guys," I muttered, looking down at my food. "No you dooooon't Tyler said, poking the top of my head. Sigh. He was right. I really couldn't hate my only friends.

After lunch, we walked back to the shop again and stayed until closing.