e i g h t

S E C R E T O  D E  A M O R | MO'H

S E C R E T O D E A M O R | MO'H

"Please understand."

Chapter eight: ♡ ♡

• • •
1 year later...

I was sitting on the picnic blanket, staring at Oscar's gravestone for the past 6 minutes. I brought small snacks that we both enjoyed and a drink from a coffee shop we usually get. What I know is that it's best to give some sort of gift or a 'memorable food' a loved one enjoyed, in some way to honor them. But just sitting here, I couldn't speak with him. It was so hard to even let out a word because I know I will start tearing up.

Ever since the burial, the only times I came down to the cemetery were at least 3 times. If I stay here too long, I will start remembering way too many emotions and memories filling my head. Today, I wanted to try to stay a little longer than those times of only dropping off flowers.

The weather has been unpredictable lately, not knowing if it's gonna be foggy or sudden pouring rain. As of right now, it only has been sprinkling lightly, which I did enjoy; it was calming. I didn't care if either I or the picnic blanket gets wet, as long as I stay here for 2 more minutes, I will be a little at ease.

I felt a sudden shiver around my body, feeling someone was coming near me. I took my eyes off the ground looking at where this sudden disturbance is coming from. My eyes widen.

"Sabrina?"

We both made immediate eye contact, having her stop in her tracks. The way she looked at me is written everywhere; she wasn't expecting to see me here either. She was wearing an appropriate blazer, a comfortable turtle neck with long dressing pants, and boots that made her look a few inches taller. She was carrying her purse on one side and gently holding her store-bought bouquet, most definitely for Oscar.

"Y-Y/n? What a surprise." She smiles nervously. "I thought you were at the office."

"I asked for a day off," I told my reasoning. "Why aren't you at the office?"

She gave me a shaken expression as if I was analyzing her every move and word. "I..." she searched for the right words, "...I was running some errands around the city, and I was just passing by here. So you know it's been a while since Oscar.." her words started to lower down to almost being a mumble, knowing it had been some time since the burial.

Sabrina went back to her tracks coming to me and the gravestone. Removing the wrapper that came with the bouquet, she placed it in a hole to keep it in place. I scoot over to give her some space to sit. She looked at me and then at the spot I was sitting. She smiled slightly accepting the offer to sit next to me.