Bar date

Appearing cookies: Juicebar Regulars & Cocoa
Cookies
C/W: BL aka gay ship
Experimenting: character shipping
Words: 973

I LOVE SparklingHerb okay?? This is legitly my first ship in the CRK fandom.
Also, in this oneshot, they're already dating, but I still keep this light-hearted as that's how I prefer it be.

~

It's a normal Saturday night for Sparkling, the owner of the best bar throughout Parfaedia. Located on a decent street, a safe distance away from the always busy city center, the blonde operates his little business day and night. Sparkling's bar isn't just famous for its endless choices top-quality drinks, either - whether that be soft drinks, caffeine, or his specialty cocktails, Sparkling is always inventing - but also, he is a good listener. Dressed with a soothing smile and calm demeanor, he lets those who are in trouble rant on about their bad days, sometimes giving comments or pieces of advice from his own experience, but most of the time, he just listens as he pulls together a drink that can ease their minds.

Saturday nights, however, is the busiest his bar can get. After all, students and professors from the local institution - which is famed for its education across Earthbread, by the way - get their weekly rest, and what better place to hang out than this? His group of friends, too, set their working schedules aside to come and help out. Well, most of them, to say the least. Herb and Cocoa often help with the drinks and snacks while Mint Choco and Carol give his customers a free show, and Vampire... be Vampire.

Nonetheless, Sparkling enjoys every Saturday night, even though they tire him out more than the other days. After closing hours, Herb, Mint Choco, and Vampire would always stay and help him clean up, then they chat and have a few glasses together, going about their week. It's a bliss, really, to have such friends with him. Sometimes, one of them would be summoned as part of an expedition team for the new Cookie Kingdom, crossing boundaries of wilderness and divinity, unraveling mysteries as per the young wizard's request whilst still having to defend themselves from unknown threats. Sometimes, all four of them are asked to aid that Republic knight - anyhow, the group is no stranger to adventures, and as all are capable of healing, there's no harm taking up a second source of rewards. However, they all agree to never leave on Saturdays.

Today is a little different though.

Carol has gone out of town to visit some friends in the forest, and it's just Cocoa helping him at the counter. Herb is playing a duet with Mint Choco on the piano. Many find his skills on the piano surprising, but Sparkling would say that they haven't paid enough attention. All the kids in suburb Parfaedia and the new Cookie Kingdom know of a leafy cookie with a warm smile who plays the happiest songs, as do his frequent customers know of the melodies he composed by himself that aid plant growth like nothing else.

And oh how Sparkling loves every song he plays.

It's already past midnight. Students have returned to their dormitories, and soon followed the professor to their upcoming lesson plans. Drunk cookies wobbling back to their homes - hopefully they will, or he will get an earful from Almond for, again, not putting a limit to alcohol consumption. But who is he to get in the way of those cookies' fun and relief? Sparkling shook his head. Oh well-

Vampire has slumped down to a snoring mess stink of grape juice, so he moved the redhead into the closet so he can clean the counter. Herb and Mint Choco are sweeping up numerous bizarre trash that visitors left behind.

"Guess Vampire is finally knocked out," Mint Choco laughs above the rhythmic sound of brooms and glass, "What did you put in his drink this time?"

"It's a new recipe. Remember my last expedition trip?"

"The one to Hollyberry Kingdom?" Herb recalls, "No, to Dragon City, wasn't it?"

"And what do you think both places are famed for once you mention cuisine? Berry juice and Draconic ale, of course!" Sparkling spread his arms, "I picked up a tip or two. Even Her Majesty approved them, so you can tell how my new drinks are. So far, only Vampire and Hollyberry herself can withstand a second sip."

"Woah... That's impressive!" Herb exclaims, "You're always so creative!"

"You know what they say - being a bartender is almost like being an artist - except you won't be able to scrap your draft and redo your slips. And we all know your boyfriend here is the best at improvising, isn't he?" Mint Choco laughs, causing the gardener to join Sparkling in a facial-dough internal heating session.

Aka blushing.

"Well, look at that. Aren't you considered amongst Pafaedia's best craftsmen?" Sparkling quickly subdues his blush and gives his boyfriend a knowing smile - one with effects beyond those he would give to his customers, saved for the one and only who has managed to see beyond his mirror-practiced charm, "I'd say that you are a work of art by yourself!"

Too stunned at the sudden compliment, Herb drops the broomstick and covers his face, just to have his hands gently removed and a kiss planted on his forehead.

"You look extra cute today - not that you aren't already."

"Smooth move," Mint Choco whistles. Being friends with these two dorks for years, he has grown all too used to Sparkling's flirtatious attitude and Herb's humble nature, and their entire progress up to dating. If anything, he finds that amusing.

"I think this should do it," the violinist says, stopping the other two from actually polishing the place until it sparkles, "Now, allow me to play a piece."

Mint Choco picks up his violin and starts playing. Herb is about to head to the piano when Sparkling stops him in his tracks.

"Herb, love, this is a dancehall piece. Would you leave me alone in that?"

"D-dancehall?"

"I'm pretty sure it is. Hollyberry Palace has a lot of that - I'll take you with me on my next visit. Now," Sparkling offers a hand, "May I have this dance?"