Segment 6

[A/n- I'm not writing about Walima here. Imagine as same as the show except that 'Thappad wala scene'. Thank you]

Three long days after their marriage but they both didn't talked to eachother. Murtasim used to go to the work in the morning and came home late night.

It was a shiny morning in khan mansion. Everyone was happy with that. Murtasim wakes up from his sleep at looked at the couch, she wasn't there. After getting fresh he cane downstairs.

"Assalamualaikum maa saab", he greeted his mother.

"Walaikum assalam bete", maa begum exclaimed  happily.

He sat on the sofa and start talking with his mother. He got a call and excused himself for this. He was roaming in corridor while talking in the phone. His eyes caught a glims of her.

Meerab was cooking something in the kitchen. Her hairs are tied in a loose bun, Dupatta was tied on one side, she was busy in her cooking session. He cut the call and start taking his steps towards her.
As he approached near the door he noticed that she was standing there holding her right hand.

That girl burnt her hand while cooking. He immediately reached her and pulled her with him towards the sink. He turn on the tap and placed her hand near the tap.
She glanced at him fondly.

" Jab khana banana aata nhi hai toh kisne kaha tha kitchen mein aa kar hath jalane", he scolded her. He turn off the tap and pulled her with him again. She didn't said anything.

"Ayinda se kitchen mein nazar mat aana samjhi", he said and she nodded her head Looking at him. He hold her by her waist and make her sit on the kitchen slab. He took the first aid box from the drawer and applied some ointment in her hand. He really cared for her. Meerab was adoring him. After completing his words he looked her. His eyes fell on her palm his name was written there. He caresed that spot. 'مرتسم' his name was written in her hand.
He didn't noticed it before. How does it even when he didn't touched her before.
He felt butterflies because of this. She pulled her hand from his grip.

[A/n- Contract crying in the corner 😂]

He left her hand gently and left the kitchen with her. Maa begum noticed them coming from the kitchen together and also noticed her hand.

"Meerab kya hua haath mein?", she asked with concern.

"Maa begum woh main khana bana rahi thi, tab thoda hath jal gaya", she said.

"Ghar mein sare naukar kam padh gaye hain kya? Kisne kaha tha isko khana banane ke liye? Ayinda yeh kitchen mein nazar nhi aani chahiye", he said angrily.

Maa begum smiled at him." Thik ho jayega uska haath jald hi stress mat lo".
He sat on the sofa without uttering any word.

"Meerab beta bohot zyada dard ho raha hai kya?", maa begum asked her with concern. She nodded her head in a no.
Marium and haya came there," bhabi kya hua apke haath ko?"

"Kuch nhi hua bas jal gaya hai thoda sa"

"Aaj hath jalaya hai kal kahin kitchen na jala de pura. Isse ek kaam bhi nhi hota hai", haya stated with an annoying look.

"Apne zubaan ko lagam do haya. Tumhari bhabi hai aur khanum bhi hai", maa begum scolded haya.

"Zyada nhi lagi allah ka shukr hai", marium thanked almighty. Mas begum ordered a maid to set the breakfast.

After sometimes they all gathered in the dinning room for breakfast. Meerab was sitting beside maa begum. Haya jumped from her seat in happiness to served him food.

"Haya ghar mein bohot sare mulazim moujud hai tum baith jao", meerab said.
Haya glared at her and sat on the chair with disappointment. Meerab understood that haya was totally obsessed with her husband.

Maid served them food and everyone start eating their meal except meerab. Her right hand was burnt. Maa begum looked at her with pity. Her cute daughter ij law was looking so adorable. Her heart melted.

" Aao beta aaj main khila deti hu tumhein", maa begum said to meerab. Who nodded in approval. Meerab's eyes filled with tears as she took the first morsal of her food.

"Kya hua meerab? Haath mein dard ho raha hai?", maa begum asked with concern.

"Nhi bas mama aur baba ki yaad aa gayi"

"Arre, toh kya hua mil lena jab tumhara mann kare, aise Khana khate time rotey nhi hai"

She wiped her own tears and smiled a little. She was do lucky to have a mother in law like salma begum who loved her as her own daughter.

Murtasim stands up from his chair. Maa begum glanced at him for a moment.

"Aaj jaldi ghar aa rahe ho yaa phir wahi der raat ko wapas aaoge?", ma begum asked her son.

"Gaon jaa raha hu kam se, sayad aaj na bhi laut paun. Kal tak aa jaunga", he informed.

"Tumne pehle toh nhi bataya tha ke tum gaon jaa rahe ho"

"Aaj panchayat hai. Mere logon ko meri zarurat hai wahan chalta hu, allah hafiz"

"Khuda ki khair mein jao bete"

He left and giving a smile to his mother. She looked at his retired figure with hope that maybe he will see her for a moment. She shook her head with disappointment.
No, he didn't even looked at her. Her heart ached by hia behaviour. He has hurted her unintentionally.

She retired to her room with her broken heart. She took her law books and headed towards terrace. She have nothing to do so she make up her mind to focused on her studies. And terrace is the most peaceful place in the whole house.

She had already filled the form for her L.L.B course in london college. She understood the fact that he don't want hwr around him and hwr interference in his life. She herself will ask maa begum for permission.

"Khair, iss shaadi se koi umeed rakhna meri bewakoofi hogi. Main apne career pe focus karun yehi behtar hai mere liye", she told herself.

Why life is so cruel with her? She deserve happiness in her life. Why allah is testing her sabr so much. She had already suffered alot in last five years. He had already hurted her so much by not talking to her, not asking her, not giving her any attention. She was feeling Exhausted with all of this.

He was his solace since their childhood. He's her solution for every problem, He's her everything, her peace, her love, her life. She had always loved him for her heart. Her soul belongs to him only. His Murtasim.

She chuckled at her own thoughts bitterly. That person never ever loved her. But today when he scolded her for not taking care while cooking, she felt overwhelmed. She thought she got her childhood bestfriend back but she was totally wrong.   He cared for her for a moment and forget her in next moment. He didn't even turn towards her for a second, nor he bd her a bye. It broke her heart into million pieces. She was clueless why he was behaving like this to her.

After a while she came downstairs and collided with haya. She glared at meerab.

"Murtasim se nikah kar ke hawa mein udne lagi ho kya?", haya snapped.

"Correction, Shaadi hone se pehle se udti aayi hu. Tum pehle andhi thi"

"Tum zaban lada rahi ho mujhse meerab"

"Nhi toh, main toh langdi khel rahi hu. Andhi ho yaa behri ho?", meerab said sarcastically.

"Yeh jo tum murtasim ke piche bhag rahi ho na, woh tumhara kabhi nhi hoga. Main hone hi nhi dungi"

"First of all mere itne bire din nhi aaye ke main kisi ke taraf bhagun. Aur rahi baat Murtasim ki toh woh mera sohar hai, tum agar jaan bhi laga dogi na phir bhi humein alag nhi kar paogi", ahe replied and left from there.

Haya looked at her departured figure standing near the stairs. She have no words to reply her.

"Ek din main tum dono ko alag kar ke hi chhodungi dekh lena Meerab", haya mumbled.

To be continue....

Feedbacks>>>>>