The start of a journey 🏎️

Liberty's pov January 2022

Me, cha and Val were out for our weekly breakfast. We decided to go to one of my favorite places as looks over the ocean and usually I couldn't be more happy but I'm so nervous. Today is the day I'm getting the call about my f1 job. It's been my dream since I was 9 and I would be crushed if I got rejected. Cha and Val knew there was something off but didn't pry as they knew if I wanted to tell them I would.
" what would you girls like to order?" The waitress came and asked but I was to stuck in my thoughts to really notice. "Libby! Libby" my sister nudged me straight out my thoughts. "Oh erm, can I just get a mango smoothie please, thank you so much" I smiled and then the waitress left. " libs what's going on your so out of it today?" Cha asked me.
"Oh nothing just erm tired" , "ok but if someone has done something tell us and we'll give them a piece of our mind" Val says jokingly but I know she actually would when it came down to things.
Beep beep beep
Oh my god
This is it
Unknown number
"Well answer then" cha laughed at me.
I picked my phone up and walked over to the railings for more quiet. "Hello is this Liberty Sinè" the man asked me "this is she" "wonderful, we were extremely impressed with your cv and interview and we would be honoured to offer you our presenter position for the 2022 season, present at all races, Thursday interviews as well as pre quali and post race! We loved you and your personality from the start and are so excited for your work if you would accept?" Ahhhhhh, i can't quite believe this, I'm in shock " i would be honoured, this is my dream and you won't regret this, thank you so much!" "Amazing welcome to the team, I'll email all the info over and can't wait to see you at pre season, bye!" "Bye!" I started jumping up and down all the way back to my seat, as I sat I couldn't stop shifting.
"Ok who's the boy?" Val laughed. "No boy, No relationship, I got a Job, My dream Job" I was smiling beyond control "NO WAY THE JOB" cha shouted. "Your sister is the new f1 tv presenter for the F1 2022 season!" I squealed so loud multiple heads turned our way. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh" they both screamed and jumped to hug me.
"We are so proud of you, I'm gonna be that annoying sister that records everything u do to show everyone and I mean everyone" cha squeals "me too!"
My mood now has skyrocketed and I couldn't wait to tell everyone else. When we had finished our stuff we decided to walk around to soak in some of the winter sun.
As we walked we talked about my new job and all the exciting things to come from it. Suddenly someone's hands were on my shoulders scaring me to space as I let out a squeal
"Sunshine!!!!"
I knew that voice, I knew that voice from anywhere I turned around to find one of my closest friends lando norris behind me all sweaty from his run. "Lannnn oh my god" I was smiling so much this day was amazing already.
Lando had become one of my closest friends since he moved to Monaco, we'd always have the best time and honestly I was starting to like him more than a friend, simple eye contact would sent me up to the moon, I'd told my sisters and they'd said to go for it as he definitely liked me to but I was too scared as I didn't want to ruin our friendship if that wasn't the case so I kept it to our one of a kind friendship.
"So I have something to tell you actually" I said "oooo what is it?" " I hope you like my company as much as you let on as I'm gonna be spending so much time with you this year because I'm the new f1 presenter!!!!" I squealed again, seemed to be a lot today. "OH MY GOD SUNSHINE THATS AMAZING IM SO LROUD OF U WE ARE GONNA HAVE THE BEST TIME!" He picked me up and spun me around in pure excitement and I swear I caught cha taking a photo of us. "When did this a happen?" " I got the call an hour ago!" I giggled, god he was amazing " well this calls for celebration! All of you and Charles round mine tonight, 9 don't be late" with that he winked at me and went back to his run.
"He so likes you libs, you should go for it I know how much you love him" cha whispers in my ear before we continue our walk home.
_______________________________________________________________________________________