Iasis and Ourania.

Iasis was an elite, born to Elerin and Milene as the product of an arranged marriage. Her sole purpose was to serve her kingdom, to be an obedient killing machine. 

From a very early age, Iasis was told stories of the " horrors" that the Titans had supposedly committed against her species, and was exposed to the detrimental effects of war. Her influenced mind was filled with unreasonable fear, that she, unfortunately, was never taught to cope with in healthy ways. 

Iasis only spent her time with other neophytes of the same status as herself, who were ambitious and hungry for glory. When she wasn't with the other neophytes, she was with her father Elerin who was just as boastful and arrogant. Her father was the grand huntsman, and she idolized him immensely, wanting to be just like him when she became a scout. Because of the people Iasis was surrounded by, her determined and confident nature blossomed into something beautiful.

Iasis was apprenticed to Borealis, one of King Xyxion's bodyguards, and her grandfather on her mother's side. Borealis motivated her to strive for greatness, just as the rest of her bloodline had. With lots of vigorous training, under the supervision of the constellations, Iasis triumphed over her mentor in a battle assessment, being granted the scout rank.

Her success was celebrated with an invitation to join the other scouts on a titan hunt, which her parents would be attending. Despite her apparent confidence, Iasis was afraid to participate in this event but wanted to make her parents proud. Rhodes, a representative of Helia's clan, takes their daughter Ourania out to connect better with the land of the demon realm, but more specifically dead titans. During their travels, they unfortunately run into the troop of scouts heading straight for their territory. Naturally, this leads to a confrontation, with the scouts immediately leaping at the opportunity to fight. Rhodes, knowing that they don't stand a chance alone, tells Ourania to run away as fast she can. Ourania runs back to her mother, Helia. Helia, alarmed by the knowledge of her partner being cornered, quickly gathers other titans and heads into battle.

On the battlefield, Iasis was confronted by her fear... she was hesitant to fight against the Titans, so she was cornered. Her mother stepped in to aid her but was sealed away.

In an act of vengeance, Elerin attacked and killed the titan who'd sealed Milene away. A much larger titan quickly ambushed him and sealed him.

Iasis was paralyzed by the shock of witnessing her parents get sealed away, staring wide-eyed as the battle raged on. After losing her parents, Iasis's fear and hatred for the Titans were seemingly cemented. The elders believed this was the perfect time to give Iasis an apprentice, so her rage would be passed onto her successor. Iasis's apprentice was named Ezmune, who would later grow up to become the (2nd) grand huntsman. They had a strong bond, and Iasis took great pride in Ezmune's success. During this time, Iasis was given her very first official mission and eagerly accepted. 

Iasis's mission was to descend from the stars and kill her very first titan as a display of her loyalty. She was dead set on slaughtering the Titans and avenging her parents. After leaving the cosmos...Iasis had been hot on the trail of a titan named Ourania and leaped at the opportunity to attack.

During their brawl, she was overpowered and taken down. She lay on the ground, terrified that she would face the same horrible fate as her parents... but instead, the titan showed her mercy and offered their hand. 

Surely enough, an unlikely friendship blossomed. Iasis would sneak away from Nebulous to meet with her, and the two of them would frolic about the demon realm.

Spending time with Ourania caused her to consider the feelings of the ones she was taught to fear and to eliminate, guilt weighed heavy upon her and she decided that she couldn't bring herself to kill innocent, living beings that had their own families.