Things of The Past

Why was I hesitating?

I didn't have anything to hide. I knew I didn't do it. Debbie's disappearance wasn't my fault. It was an accident. 

Just an accident.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It was you! Your fault!  If only, you had not gone after her, stayed with us. Let her come herself!

She said she didn't need you, she said she was going to be fine!

Why couldn't just let her be?

You know why? Because you wanted to be the 'great good Mary Martha! The one who loves others unconditionally!"

Begging and begging, I kept on moving in circles for them to believe me. 

"No, Noah, No David! No, please just hear me out. Millie, James you know me right?'

"We saw you near the axe! It was covered in blood, Mary! 

In fucking blood, candle fallen!

And No Debbie!

You were pale, you couldn't even take a word out of yourself. You behaved like a murderer, you know why?"

"BECAUSE YOU ARE FUCKING MURDERER!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"NO,

NO 

NO,

I AM NOT!

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

Screaming, I started throwing the vanity accessories of Noah's bathroom here and there. Somehow I had lost my senses and I took out my red lipstick and wrote on the mirror looking at it with blood red tear succumbed eyes, 

"I AM NOT A MURDERER!"

Noah's POV:-

I was in the kitchen, putting up some snacks at the table, when I heard a crying, somewhat of a screaming voice. Mary, it had to be her.

I ran towards the bathroom, hoping she wouldn't have hurt herself. Jack followed me from the living room. 

Climbing up the stairs, I banged up the door of the washroom towards the right of the guest room.

"Mary?! Are you okay?"

"Of course, she's not dips*it. Help me open up this door now." I scolded Jack. What the f*ck in this world was wrong with him?

"Hey Mary, we're opening up. Just stay far from the door okay?" I couldn't hear a thing. It really got me scared. I hope for god's sake, she was fine.

On a count of 3, we banged the door open and I couldn't believe what I saw. 

Mary, having a seizure attack. Her face blue, eyeballs rolled up, and head swollen. Jesus Christ, she was shaking.

"Jack, you take her items out. I'll carry her to the bedroom." He nodded and that was when I saw what she had done with the mirror. I understood everything.

She still thought about it. After all this time.

Oh Mary. I took her in my arms, bridal style and rushed towards the guest room. It was the closest chase. Placing her on the bed, I held her body tightly until she stopped and shushed her faint whispers that could be heard.