Living,

Katsuki and Izuku reached high school, both ending up in the same class again. Katsuki loved every last minute of it. Yes, sometimes seeing the freckled face of Izuku Midoriya could get old, but that doesn't mean he didn't enjoy being around it. 

When they ended up having to move into dorms together, Katsuki seemed a bit out of it to Izuku. He chose to ignore it to the best of his ability, but that didn't mean it worked well. He and Katsuki seemed to grow distant, Izuku noticed but didn't know if Katsuki noticed. They were constantly around their classmates now that they lived in dorms, the two barely got time alone.

Katsuki would hang around his group of friends that was dubbed the 'Bakusquad' a lot, leaving little time for one-on-one hangouts with Izuku. Izuku didn't mind it, he decided that if Katsuki's happy and at least hanging out with him even just a little bit, it was fine. He never brought it up.

On this Friday night, Izuku was in Katsuki room with him, sitting on his bed and watching movies on his laptop. Katsuki was on his phone. "Hey Kacchan?" Izuku asked, looking at the red eyes that locked with his green ones. He hummed in response.

"Mom wants to know if you want to come over for dinner this weekend. She said you could stay the night too." Katsuki sighed, setting his phone down and playing with Izuku's hair. 

"I can't sorry, Shitty hair wants me to come over, we're gonna be at his house all weekend." He said, noting the slight change in Izuku's glance.

Now this was new, Katsuki never stayed over at anyone's house other than Izuku's. The green haired teen was afraid. Afraid of the change in their relationship, afraid they've drifted apart. He smiled, giving thought to the fact maybe Katsuki just needed space from him, despite already having four months of not going to hang out with each other, less sleepovers, less family dinners, etc. He just needs space. They are living in the same building now anyways; he'll see Katsuki as much as possible during high school.

Soon, Saturday morning rolled around, and students were either still in the dorms or going home for the weekend. Izuku and Katsuki walked side by side, they lived close to one another, and Katsuki had to visit his mom before heading to Eijirou's place. Izuku reached his apartment, hugging his friend goodbye and going up the stairs, down the hall, and to his doorway.

He opened the door and stepped in, shutting it behind him with a shaky breath. katsuki didn't hug him back. It's fine. He's fine, 'It's just hot out, yeah...' He tried to convince himself. 'In the middle of winter? Be real Izuku, Kacchan doesn't need you anymore.' He thought, running his hand down his face.

"Mom! I'm home!" 

"Welcome home Izuku!!" His mother ran to him, her small body running into his, hugging him tight. An embrace anyone would remember. "I missed you!" She cried, rubbing her face against her son's shirt as she wailed.

Izuku laughed at his mother's emotional state, running a hand through her green hair. "Oh! Come, come, I made you Katsudon!!" She cheered, running to the kitchen.

Izuku smiled, maybe, right now, he could push his situation to the back of his mind for his mother. Spend time with her, before he has to go back.

------

"Do you have to go???" Inko complained, watching as her son opened the door to the apartment. It was Monday morning; he was in his school uniform. He had to go back to the dorms once school ended today so his mom didn't want him to leave. 

Izuku smiled and kissed Inko on the forehead. "You're so weird mom, I'll be back Sunday, I love you." He said, leaving after she said, 'I love you too'.  Izuku was wandering again, but this time he had an intended destination, school. He smiled when he realized he'd get to see his best friend, maybe this time he could bring himself to talk to him about how he's been feeling the last few months.

Izuku stopped at a crosswalk, waiting for his light to turn green, when it did he began to cross the street. 

No one expected it, it was so sudden. The sound of a scream and the screech of tires against the asphalt of the road. Izuku turned. Too late. It was all too fast, he turned too late to see it coming. 

A large vehicle rammed into him. 

His body ached, his ears were ringing, what should he do?? 'What do I do? It hurts. So bad. Keep living. Living. Living with Kacchan. With Mom. With my friends. Please.' Izuku's head was fuzzy, all he could see was red, then black, then white.

Izuku Midoriya was gone.