Dreading,

Eijirou groaned as he stretched, walking beside Katsuki as they entered the giant school building. Katsuki seemed slightly bored with Eijirou's presence, it's not what he'd wanted right now. 

He sat in class with a blank expression on his face. Izuku never showed up to school. Maybe he's sick? Katsuki checked his phone again, Izuku hadn't messaged him since this morning, they'd exchanged 'good mornings' and that was it. Katsuki pursed his lips, laying his head in his arms on the desk, Aizawa had already informed aunt Inko of her son's absence, she'd texted Katsuki asking if he'd heard from him. He said no. 

The day went on as it normally would, only this time Izuku was gone the whole time. He wasn't at the dorms, wasn't at school, wasn't at his or Katsuki's homes, he wasn't anywhere to be seen, like he'd vanished off the face of the earth.

Katsuki laid in his bed, his arms behind his head. He was stuck in his thoughts. When did he last hang out with the freckled boy? When did he last give him a hug? Have an actual conversation with him? He couldn't remember. 

For once in his life, Katsuki felt bad. He'd realized that in his efforts to branch out and gain more friends for he and Izuku, he'd ended up ignoring Izuku altogether. Playing on his phone when Izuku came over, not attempting to make plans, not being affectionate like usual, brushing him off. It all came rushing in.

In a last chase attempt to get in contact with the green haired teen, he texted him. 'We need to talk, Izuku.'

Maybe he should've cancelled on Shitty hair and gone to Izuku's place in the beginning, and then maybe he wouldn't be missing? His thoughts were interrupted by loud knocking on his door. Who was it? Deku? 

"Bakugo... Come downstairs. Please." A voice said. Nope, just pink cheeks. He sighed, getting up and opening his door. She had fat tears running down her face. This shocked Katsuki, Ochako's always smiling...or grinning maniacally, what's going on?

The two went to the elevator, going to the first floor then down the hall to the living room. Katsuki felt his heartbeat get faster with each step he took. He could hear crying, sobbing, wailing, cream-crying, he was a little scared.

When he got into the living room with a crying Ochako, he saw the whole class sitting around the TV, the news was on. Everyone was crying. Even Todoroki and Tokoyami. He walked to the Tv slowly, gently shoving people aside to see the screen.

"We're all praying for this boy's family. Please, send wishes to his mother and friends." A woman said. Katsuki froze. His eyes widening at the words on the screen.

'Izuku Midoriya, age 16, found dead due to a car accident. Driver, Itanori Kodai......' And so on. Everyone cried. Everyone but Katsuki, who just stared.

This was a moment he'd dreaded his whole life. He'd always known that people succumb to death at some point in their lives, he knew that. He knew that one day he'd lose Izuku, or vice versa, but he never thought it'd happen like this. So suddenly. So unexpectedly. So young. He fell to his knees.

Katsuki Bakugo was screaming while he sobbed.