𝐓𝐖𝐎

@itsaprettydai

@itsaprettydai

"We're here Mija," Yazmine said while tapping the younger girls shoulder, causing her to snap back into reality

"Oh, I'm sorry, I zoned out. Oh my gosh, I'm so excited!" Daila exclaimed as she opened her door, not even bothering to wait for her driver to open it for her.

"Come on Ms.Yaz!" Daila rushed, holding her hand out so that she could help Yazmine out of the car.

"Okay, Okay, Your mom is asking how long this will be?" Yazmine said, recalling the text messages she got from Anne just moments ago.

"I'm not sure yet, I'll ask the person doing my nails. I don't think what I want is that complicated so it shouldn't take very long," Daila explained as the walked to the front door of the nail salon.

She usually got baby pink or white, no designs because her mother didn't like them.

"It's so pretty," Daila said softly as they walked inside the colorful salon.

It was a very large space to say the least. The walks were baby pink with several white, grey, and black decorations on them.

There was a section for hair, a section for nails, and a section for lashes also.

Daila was in love.

"Do you want me to speak for you or do you think you have it?" Yazmine asked.

"I think I'll be okay. But, thank you" Daila told Yazmine causing her to nod.

Daila excitedly walked up to the reception desk but when she got there her nerves began to sink in.

It wasn't until now that Daila realized that she hadn't really had to speak for herself.

And when she did, it was only to her father and Yazmine, her mother took it upon herself to speak for Daila as well.

"Hi! Do you have an appointment or is this a walk-in?" The receptionist asked Daila politely when she approached the desk.

"I-I um, I booked an appointment y-yesterday f-for two-thirty?" Daila stuttered out causing the woman to nod.

"Okay, let me check...Daila?" The receptionist asked causing the girl to nod.

"Okay, You can got to the third desk down, your tech is the woman with the pink hair, Okay?" The receptionist informed.

"O-Okay, Thank you" Daila said before quickly walking off, taking a deep breath as she walked to the desk she was directed to, her heart rate calming a bit when she saw a beautiful woman with pink hair.

"Well don't just stand there girl, come on and sit!" The woman said with a warm smile.

"Sorry," Daila said softly while sitting down, placing her purse in her lap.

"Oh no, you're all good girl. What's your name? I'm Kafeya," Kafeya said.

"I'm Daila," Daila answered, loving Kafeya's energy already.

It just seemed so positive, it was almost foreign for Daila to be around other positive people.

"It's nice to meet you Daila. You ready to get started?" The woman asked as she pulled out her nail drill, the drill bits, a nail clipper, a nail file, and some dehydrator.

"Yes please," Daila replied with a smile as she held her hands out and rested them on the elevated platform they had built on the table for customers.

"So what are we doing today?" Kafeya asked as she began to clip down Daila natural nails.

"Um, I just want baby pink, I want them long but not super long," Daila said clearly, feeling a bit more at ease.

"Okay, any special occasions?" Kafeya wondered, just trying to make conversation.

"It's my birthday today, so I wanted to try coming to the salon," Daila explained and Kafeya gasped dramatically.

"Oh, Happy birthday girl! How old you turning?" Kafeya said excitedly.

"I'm turning 20," Daila smiled.

"Okayyy, You have to get some designs girl! You entering a new era," Kafeya persuaded causing Daila
to sigh.

"I'm not sure..." Daila mumbled.

"Girl just trust me, I'll keep the color you want and everything, it won't be too much" Kafeya resoned.

"Um...Okay," Daila said hesitantly causing Kafeya to smile.

kafeya.clawed

Liked by dreezy, sharife

Liked by dreezy, sharife.locane, and 8,846 others
kafeya.clawed: Birthday set on my beautiful baby, @itsaprettydai
View all 3,356 comments

user: so cute!!

user2: i love my girl daila real bad! she's so gorgeous

"I love them so much, thank you!" Daila said to Kafeya as she stood up from her chair.

"Of course, don't forget to save my number. You're cool as hell girl, so I'll text you when I get the chance," Kafeya said causing Daila to nod excitedly.

This would technically be Daila's first friend.

The cousins she had that were near her age didn't like her, mainly because she was pretty & black.

And of course she had never been to a real school so there was no chance of her making friends.

"And again, Happy birthday girl!"