Chapter 5

Christian

I walk by Katelyn's room and I peek in to see if she is still sleep. The covers are open and no one is there. The bathroom light isn't on and she isn't downstairs. I look around for her and then the phone rings and I rush downstairs to pick it up so that it doesn't wake up my parents. "Hello?" I answer. "Christian it's James. Come pick up Katelyn at West Chessly Hospital." James said with urgency. I tried to ask him what happened but he hung up. I grabbed my keys and rushed to my car and drove off. When I got there I ran into the hospital. "What room is Katelyn Santana in? I'm her brother." I asked the lady at the reception desk. She typed on the computer for thrity second which felt like thirty years until she said something "In room 309." The lady told me. I ran to her room and burst through the door and saw Katelyn laying down in a bed and James is standing next to her. They both stare at me as I walk up to the other side of Katelyn's bed. I notice four little red holes in her neck. "What happened?" I ask James feeling the holes with my thumb. When he doesn't answer I stand up and look at him. "What happened to my sister?" I say more sternly this time. "Did you do this to her? What happened to Katelyn?" I interrogate him. When he still doesn't answer I go up to him a shove him to the wall. "What happened to my sister?!?!" I scream at him and keep shoving him. Finally he pushes me back and shoves me all the way to the other wall. I hit the wall with a hard bang. "If I told you, you wouldn't believe me." Is all James said and turns back to Katelyn. "I was bitten by a vampire, two times." Katelyn whispered. "Are you serious? Katelyn tell me the truth, stop telling tales at a time like this! What happened to you? How can you lie and your in the hospital? Tell me the truth!" I yell at Katelyn. Katelyn sits up in the bed.

"I told you the truth, I was bitten by a vampire. His name was Ash and he bit me. Two times." Katelyn said calmly. 

"His name was Nathaniel, he is my brother. A vampire yes, and me, yes, I'm a vampire." James murmured. I was speechless, at if they were playing a joke on me or if they were serious. I just stormed out of the room and sat down in a nearby chair.