Chapter 3

Nathaniel

I sniff the air for the scent of any human at all. Its one a.m, I would have been at the feast but I don't like sharing my food. I can almost feel my eyes blaze gray as I spot a human two miles away. I smirk and go into full vampire mode. I run to the human and hide in the darkness. The street lights flicker almost like its announcing danger to the human vermin. The human's hair blows in the wind and gives off a strong scent, its female. Female blood is always the sweetest kind of all, especially a young one. I slowly approach the girl, still lurking in the darkness. The girl looks around and puts her hands on her arms and rubs them to warm them up. In the blink of an eye, my arm is wrapped firmly around her and my free hand is pushing her head back. She starts panting and I take a good whiff her scent all of a sudden seeming familiar. She squirms in my arms trying to get out. I just grip harder and lean my head down upon her neck until my lips feel smooth flesh.

"Don't worry girl, soon this will all be over" I stick my fangs into her neck and she screams in pain.

I start drinking the red drink and then my eyes are burned by a bright light. I drop her on the ground and I stumble back trying to cover my eyes. As I back away, the light gets dimmer and dimmer and I try to find out what the burning light came from. It was a phone in a bear case. The girl grabbed the phone and shined the screen it on me. The light felt like when you were in the dark for a while and someone turns on the light, oh wait, thats exactly what it was! The girl put her free hand on her neck and felt the two piercings in her neck. I watched as her expression changed from confusion to horror.

"Y-you bit my neck and it has two little piercings. Why did you bite me? What type of human bites another person? You freakin cannibal" She questioned.

I was at a lost for words, first because I'm discovered and second, I don't have an answer for her. But finally, I spoke. "I would tell you, but I would have to definitely kill you." I said mysteriously. At times, I don't like playing with my food, but tonight I'll make an exception. She just blinked and didn't say anything else for about a minute or two.

"Why did you bite me?" She asked which, since I'm a vampire and she's and human, is a very stupid question.

I just walked around her in a circle before I answered. "Gee, I don't know. Why else do you think I bit you and drunk your blood and shied away from the light because it burned my eyes?" I grumbled.

"Holy crap! Your, a-" She cried.

"Vampire?" I finished for her.

"A cannibal creep that stays in the dark a lot but if you want to play being a mythical creature, I'm a magical unicorn that poops rainbow ice cream" She said making fun of me. I flared my nostrils and glared at her but I was also weirded out by the magical ice cream pooping unicorn .

"You weird innocent girl. Vampires are real. I am one." I told her and showed her my fangs. She lifted her hand to try to touch them. " Careful, I bite" I hissed. She quickly retracted her hand away from my mouth and I smirked and walked up really close to her face. "Whats your name girl?" I asked her.

"I mine as well tell you if I'm gonna die. Its Katelyn" the girl said. That name rung a bell. James had mentioned a Katelyn to me once, but there are a million Katelyn's on the world. "And yours?" She asked.

" Ash" I lied.

"You know Ash, you remind me of my best friend. Since your gonna kill me, will you please tell him that I loved him. I know its weird to ask of someone that is going to kill me." Katelyn sniffled.

Its the least I can do, plus I can probably suck his blood after I tell him the message. " Why not, whats the guy's name?"

I asked. " James Macowell" Katelyn stated.

I froze at the name. James Macowell, my brother, is best friends with vermin and this vermin loves him. All my anger swells up in me, with one word mainly burning into my mind, traitor. I grab Katelyn by the neck, pick her up and basically slam her against a wall, not hard enough to make her bleed or break anything. I want all of her blood, every single drop.

"Please don't kill me, I really don't want to die. I am only 18! Please!" Katelyn pleaded with a scared hoarse voice because I was chocking her.

"How dare you fall in love with a vampire? Do you know how much trouble you could put James in?" I screamed into her face slamming her against the wall about three more times during those two sentences. A gash formed on the back of her head, oops. Maybe my anger is getting the best of me, but who gives a shit.

"James is a vampire?!?!" Katelyn now had an even raspier voice. She didn't know, I still have to kill her though because of everything I told her. She screamed for the last time as I pierced new flesh and began to drink. Her blood was like no other human's I've had, I didn't want to kill her now but I couldn't stop. She started to go limp, loosing too much blood. I couldn't pull away even if I tried so hard to. I just couldn't will myself to stop and at the same time, I didn't want to......