💙🐢 | cheer me up

leo x reader

leo x reader

enjoy, lovebirds.
______

How in God's name was he supposed to win you over?

Every time Leonardo did so much as get inside a room with you, he was sweating bullets. Just one glance in his direction made his hands start to visibly shake. It was so painfully obvious that Leo had the most heart-aching crush on you that his brothers made sure to call you over to their lunch table to eat almost every week. Not so Leo would get to know you better, of course not; it was just to see Leo stammer and shake and laugh nervously. His brothers recognized how cringeworthy he was when in love. But today, Leo couldn't take it.

His chest was starting to hurt all over again once he stepped into the cafeteria. He saw you, April and his brothers at a table, laughing and chatting brightly. His heart suffered greatly as it tried to quickly pump blood throughout him, as if a threat was nearby. Well, there certainly was a threat: a threat of truth coming out. Plus, it was spirit day, and you were adorned in that gorgeous cheerleader outfit. You were so beautiful just sitting there, and Leo just couldn't make himself sit there and pretend like his feelings didn't exist.

He ate in the restroom for the day.

Leo didn't talk or participate in any of his classes the remainder of the school day, aside from paperwork. He couldn't. His crush was getting so damn bad that it was getting impossible to focus on anything. Leo was growing lovesick as he tried to hold down his emotions for you. When the dismissal bell rang, Leo sadly sulked out of the classroom and into the busy halls. He opened his decorated locker, placing the appropriate binders in his backpack to bring home for work. After zipping up his bag and tossing it over his shoulder, he slammed his locker shut.

"Whoa---AAAH!" Leo screamed, his voice horrifically cracking in the process.

You were standing in front of him, still so pretty and well put together after the entire day.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you," You lightly laughed, your shoulders perked back like you frightened yourself.

Well, here it came: the rambling, stuttering, and blushing.

Leo crookedly smiled, "Uh---heyy, (y/n). Eheh, n-no, you didn't scare me, what---what, why would I be scared? I-I've never been scared ever, actually, it's pretty crazy."

You halted for a beat, smiling back in confusion. "Oh. Well, I just wanted to know where you were today. I saw you leave the cafeteria."

'Oh, damn...' Leo thought in horror. 'Does she suspect?'

Leo laughed way too loudly, then hastily explained, "I, wheh---I just, you know, I had---I had, I'm---the---the history project! Y-Yeah! The history project, I-I was doing it in the..."