❤️🐢 | making an impression

raph x reader

raph x reader

(requested, gender not specified)

enjoy, lovebirds.
______

"Do we have all positions filled? Adam, you sure you wanna be in the back? I hit hard back there."

Your confident voice filled the gymnasium as you held a blue and yellow volleyball in your hands, a nod to Eastman High's official colors. Some classmates were on your side of the net, while others made a team on the opposite side. Almost everyone in the gym was staring, ready to watch a game guaranteed to be intense, if you were on it.

Raph watched too, wondering what the fuss was about. Him and Mikey took the same gym class with you, and neither of them knew that you were the school's best volleyball player in district history.

As you kept chanting confirmations with your classmates, Raphael leaned to his right, where another human student was sitting.

"Who's the loud one with the volleyball?" He whispered, his eyes squinting suspiciously.

The human casually replied, "Oh, that one? That's (y/n). They're the GOAT of volleyball around here."

Raph readjusted his posture with an interested hum. He gazed at you for a while, quickly growing tired of you chatting with your friends.

"Just hit the ball already..." Mikey said under his breath, on the other side of Raph.

It was like an instant prophecy; at once, you tossed the ball in the air and cracked it over the net. The smack was so thunderous that it could undoubtably be heard outside the gym. Both Raph and Mikey let out "whoa!"s of shock, their shoulders tensed up. They stared in total awe as the ball was tossed over the net back and forth, being launched as fast as lightning whenever you returned it. Your form and technique was so sharp and relentless; Raph was enraptured.

Instead of watching the ball, Raph soon found himself watching you. Your movements now processed through slow motion to him. His heart started to beat fast. He noticed your gorgeous, suave smile as your palm slapped the ball. Your biceps and calves subtly flexed as you used your whole body force to shoot the ball. Soon, Raph felt his face with his fingers; it was hot. He was blushing. Your looks, your strength...

"RAPH!!" Mikey yelled, shaking his brother hard.

"Wuhwuhwuh---eh, what?!" Raph yelled back, him pushing off.

Mikey exasperatedly said, "I'm talking to you, dude! Are you that zoned out by (y/n)?"

Raph's cheeks were hurting due to all the intense blushing he was doing, and Mikey noticed.