Chapter 5

Jaebeom sat on his bed thinking of the moment he was in that ice cream shop early in the day. He swears its her and there is nothing that can change his mind.

.......................

Cyrus: "Auntie Yerim! This is Skylar from school!"

Yerim: "Well hello there! Are you alone?"

Skylar: "I'm with uncle!"

Skylar points at Jaebeom and the two make eye contact. Yerim's eyes widen, but she quickly brushes it off.

Yerim: "Let's order the ice cream."

After receiving their ice creams They bid their goodbyes and leave.

Skylar: "Uncle, are you sad?"

Jaebeom shakes his head in no.

Jaebeom: "I was just thinking."

Skylar: "In what?"

Jaebeom: "Nothing important bub."

................................

He throws his head back in tiredness, but soon his stomach starts to make its appearance so he grabs a hoodie and his keys before heading out. It was night time already so it was freezing.

He stops at Burger King and gets down.

When he enters the first thing he sees is his past lover with.... the triplets?

Jaebeom quickly finds a chair away from them and pulls his hood on top of his head.

He carefully looks at their table trying not to get caught. She sees her smiling happily while eating with the three kids. He then looks at the boy who's sitting next to her. 'He looks a lot like her' and that thought makes a shiver run down his spine. He freezes in the spot while he starts to put the pieces together.

'She has a little sister named Yerim, the same name of the teenage girl that was with the triplets earlier at the ice cream shop, whom they called auntie.'

Jaebeom's eyes widen at the realization.

'Those are her kids.'

................................

Jaebeom kept staring at them discreetly until he watched them leave the fast-food place. He felt sad knowing he'll probably never see them again, but at least he got to see them now. He ordered food for himself and headed out.

While he was going to his car he felt someone pull his shoulder and kick him hard on his little friend. He immediately fell down, but was quickly pulled up by this person and was pressed down to his car. He got a quick glance of this persons face and with great shock he saw it was Seulgi.

Seulgi: "You creep! I saw how you stared at us inside! What's wrong with you!"

She said while grabbing his collar. She noticed how he tried to cover his face with the hood so she quickly pulled it back and her eyes grew wide as soon as she saw the man.

She took a step back and stuttered.

Seulgi: "J-Jaebeom?..."

The man couldn't even look at her. He got caught... in an awful way.

The atmosphere was awfully quiet. Neither of them knew what to do.

Jaebeom: "A-are they... y-your kids?"

'That was the most stupid question you could come up with idiot!'

Seulgi: "Y-yes."

Silence took over again.