02. Church Girl ♡

La-Tania Camila LopezLatty //17

Latty //17

📍 Norbrook, Kingston
Sunday
September 17

***

Everything is possible for one who believes." (John 11:25-26)

Rushing out of the churchyard, holding onto my little sister's hand, I went to the church gate and waited for my parents' driver to pick us up.

There's never a Sunday when I missed church and I always make sure to bring my little sister with me.

It's not like I was allowed to go places if she was not coming.

Our parents were too busy and even though we had a nanny, the responsibility was still left to me most of the time.

I needed to get home in time to finish cooking the Sunday Dinner.

I don't want any more punishment, because I would like to go to school tomorrow.

I had already cooked the peas and baked the chicken this morning so all I have to do when I get home is the stake, the sides, and the rice.

After about 10 minutes of waiting, Patrick's black Voxy pulled up at our foot.

Thank you, Jesus.

The automatic doors opened and I made Amelia go in first then I went in after.

"Good afternoon," we greeted in unison.

"Afternoon ladies," Patrick answered just as the automatic door closed.

He asked us about our day at church and we both told him what happened at church today.

Patrick was a great guy.

He was one of the people who had always been nice to me.

And he sometimes helped me to dress my bruises attend to my and cuts.

He even offered to report them but I didn't want that.

We reached our house in thirty minutes and I thanked him, got out of the car, and rushed into the house.

Hurry up gyal.

"Go change your clothes and come back," I told Amelia, and she nodded and went upstairs heading to her room.

Okay, let's start.

The first thing I did was wash my hands and then I turned on the peas pot so it could start boiling again.

Leaving the peas pot on, I went to change out of my church clothes before going back to the kitchen.

Amelia came back to the kitchen also and I handed her Ipad to her and a snack to her and she went to the living room to watch her favorite YouTuber.