52. Lost ♡

MALIQUI JOHNSONKJ—SINNA

MALIQUI JOHNSON
KJ—SINNA

***

"Me shame like dawg," Myka said to me, placing my shoes neatly in the suitcase.

"You too easy a shame," I replied to her. "Can bet she deeven say nothing fi shame you."

"She did," was her response. "Hear her nuh 'go a Jamaica fi Christmas fi wah, me granny nuh dead and gone' and yuh waah hear how her voice sound."

I chuckled at her response. Maliqua extra enuh.

"She nuh shame yuh Myka," I tried to tell her. "She just still sad bout Mama."

"Mhmm," she placed another pair of shoes in my suitcase. "Me still shame."

Cyaa tell her nothing enuh.

"Me woulda make yuh come with me," I said to her, feeling sorry for her. "But you a likkle pickney so you gotta stay home."

She frowned and shoved my shoulder. "You're just one year older than me, shut up."

"Still likkle pickney," I taunted, shrugging my shoulders.

"The likkle pickney affi a pack fi you," she stuck her tongue out at me.

See say she a likkle pickney fi real.

"Yuh only a pack me shoes them," I said to her. "Don't make it look so bad."

"Bring me with you nuh, please," she pleaded, making a puppy dog face.

"Yuh parents naah go say yes," I pointed out.

"Them ago say yes if you ask them but if a me ask them, yuh know them ago say no," she responded to me.

I heaved a sigh and then met her gaze. "Imma ask them when I'm finished."

"Yaaay!" she jumped up excitedly.

Wah she a celebrate fah and me not even ask them yet.

Like she nuh know how Jaidah stay already.

After I finished packing the two suitcases that I was planning on bringing with me a few days from now, I jumped down onto the couch in my room.

"Maliqui! Go ask Mom if I can come witchu," Maliqua reminded me and I got up back.

Watch how she a make Jaidah shame me now.