Chapter 6: From Now Until Forever

Author's Note:
Kia ora my lovelies! I'm SO SORRY that this final part took an eternity to be written! I had mad writers' block with it for ages, but it is finally here. I hope you enjoy this! I tried to incorporate as many of your suggestions as possible in my vision for Neteyam & Naia.
Enjoy!

***

Warmth. Sublime warmth was what Naia felt all around her and within her as Neteyam flew them both back to High Camp on Tompa's back: The warmth of the daylight kissing her bare skin; the warmth of Neteyam's chest against her back; the warmth overflowing in her heart and soul after the most perfect night in his arms as his mate.

Tilting her face to her left, Naia nuzzled the skin of Neteyam's bicep, loving the new scent that now seeped from his pores as well as hers. It was their scent now; a delightful combination of his scent and hers etched into their beings forevermore like a marker that they would both recognise anywhere going forward. It was commonly referred to as the mating scent and it was strongest in the days immediately after a mated pair had sealed their bond before Eywa.

They had stopped by a river spring prior to heading home to wash each other and rinse off the obvious evidence of their night in paradise, but their mating scent would still be evident to anyone in the vicinity like an unspoken declaration of their new union.

"We're nearly home," Neteyam murmured by her ear, "Shall we go to your family's shelter first? Your parents will still be worried."

Nodding in agreement, Naia turned her head with a query, "Although, I thought you said you'd told everyone that you'd found me so they knew I was alright?"

"Yes, but you know what your mother is like. She won't stop worrying herself sick until she's seen you with her own eyes."

Naia snorted out a laugh and then immediately felt bad. Her mother was prone to being overdramatic, but Naia acknowledged that she would have caused her mother great concern with her prolonged disappearance yesterday. It was definitely best that she checked in with her parents first thing before seeking Mo'at out.

"And then we'll go to the tsahìk to be blessed?" Naia asked.

A husky chuckle rumbled through Neteyam's chest and he pressed a kiss to the side of her face, "Yes, my love, then we'll go to my grandmother to have her bless our mating."

It was well past the break of dawn now and the clan would be well into the swing of the day with chores and activities. Neteyam's long-distance patrol had been gruelling the day before and it had been agreed amongst the warriors that today would be a day of rest for them. However, today was technically a work day for Naia.

Suppressing a tired yawn, Naia hoped to herself that the news of her mating to Neteyam, and her re-acceptance of her role as tsakarem, would be good news enough to tamp down any aggravation that Mo'at might hold towards her for her abandonment of duties yesterday and her no-show to work today. Naia's yawn spawned one of Neteyam's own and she giggled at the happening.

He nipped the point of her ear playfully, "It's your fault I'm so exhausted, woman. You thoroughly wore me down last night."

Naia narrowed her eyes at him with a sassy pout. Three times in a night after a long day was impressive, she supposed. The wicked part of her mused that she was going to thoroughly enjoy testing more of her mate's limits in this area in the near future.

"We'll see your parents and my parents, and then just take the day off to rest. We both need it. The rest of the clan can wait. I'll tell my grandmother not to make any formal announcement for a couple of days." Neteyam stated, urging Tompa towards High Camp as the familiar floating mount came into view ahead beyond the mist.