Chapter 1

Dan's POV

The first couple of weeks weren't easy. Phil and his stupid girlfriend were in the room all the time. I was beginning to think I needed to switch rooms. I brought it up to Phil nice he got back from getting us food.

"Should I switch rooms with your girlfriend?" I asked. Phil looked at me with wide eyes.

"No! I mean, no. I like having you as a roommate." Phil said.

"Well it seems like you'd like her better." I muttered.

"Trust me, I wouldn't." Phil said happily munching on his burger. I looked at him. He sat at his desk scribbling things down on a piece of paper. I unwrapped my food and started eating it. "Hey are you leaving the room anytime soon?" Phil asked turning to me.

"Uh I think so. I have to go to the library. And I have a full day of classes." I said.

"Cool. I was just wondering. I have-uh stuff to do." Phil said scratching the back of his neck.

"Ok?" I said. I looked at him as he turned around. I finished my food and took care of the trash. I looked at my iPhone for the time.

"I'm going to head out now." I said.

"Cool. See ya' later." Phil said waving. I walked out and hummed muse as I walked to the library. I grabbed some law books and sat down. I made it look like I was studying and I began answering questions.

Dear Anonymous,

I like this dress. But my whole family says my body doesn't look good in it. It happens a lot and I'm thinking about changing my weight. And not in the right way.

Love,
Issueswithbody

Dear Issueswithbody,

Get the dress. Wear it amazingly. Tell your family how you feel and if they don't appreciate that or think it's a good idea. Go find someone who cares about you.

Love,
Anonymous

I smiled at my response and thought it worthy of Internet sharing. I sent it out and a bunch of people were talking about me again. I was searching my tag and seeing the messages and fan arts of my helping page. I take screenshots of ones that I like. I hope no one ever goes through my phone.

Dear Anonymous,

I think my boyfriend is gay. We both recently entered college and he's talking about his roommate.....A LOT! Can you give me advice?

Love,
Datingafag

I scowled at the name. I was angry at that. I responded anyway.

Dear Datingarainbow,

Look I didn't like the derogatory name for people like myself. If he's gay let him tell you himself. That's something he needs to decide. And maybe he just wants for you and his roommate to be friends? Or maybe they knew each other before. Whatever it is, don't worry. He'll tell you when he's ready.

Good luck,
Anonymous

I sent and went to actually studying. The words kept coming around and disrupting me. Fag. Literally the only name I was called in school. I didn't want to ever hear it again. Or hear anyone else call anyone it. I sighed and packed up my stuff. I wasn't going to get anything done. I walked out, my footsteps heavy on the pavement and the cool night air entering my lungs. I got to my dorm room and saw that Phil wasn't there.

"Great." I said. I noticed his laptop opened and I cautiously took a peek at the screen. Maybe he left me a note.

Nope, what I was greeted with was a YouTube channel.

Amazingphil.

~~~~~

Phil's POV

Right when Dan left, I pulled out my camera and set up. I needed a new video to put up. My viewers were getting antsy. Of course, I couldn't make one when Dan was here. He's already thinking I want Katie living here instead of him. I didn't want him to be scared off by the fact that I make weird little videos on my life and put them on the Internet. I finished my video and worked on editing it. My phone rang, Pj, oh thank god.

"Hi." I said.

"You sound relieve. Glad I'm not she-beast?" Pj asked. We've been friends since grade school. And we've both known Katie since secondary. She's insanely mean. I don't even know why she's dating me now, oh wait yes I do. She's a leech. I'm working on getting a media and technology degree and guess what she's working on. Yep that's right, she's working on stealing all my work. She keeps threatening me if I break up with her, she's going to hurt someone I love. I've seen her do it to people at school. I was scared.

"Yes. I'm so glad." I said.

"I think she ask HelpingHand for something." Pj said.

"What do you mean?" I asked. We both knew of HelpingHand. I found it one day when it wasn't real famous. I think only one person runs the blog. They must always be on their phone. Like Dan, it would be funny if he was HelpingHand.

"Well this chicks name is Datingafag. HH reacted strongly. Everyone's reacting over this." Pj said. I heard clicking.

"I'm reacting over you." I heard someone say.

"Chris. Stop." Pj said.

"Of course, love." I heard this Chris said.

"Trouble in paradise?" I asked.

"Not really. Just Chris was doing something that can't happen when I'm on the phone." Pj said. I heard laughter in the background. My phone vibrated in my hand. I held Pj's call and looked at the message.

Katie: OVER. NOW.

I sighed and went back to my call.

"She beast is wanting me to go to hell to see her." I said.

"Whoa philly calm down. Good luck." Pj said.

"Thanks. Bye." I said.

"Bye. Really I wish you luck." Pj said. I hung up and set my phone down as I grabbed a spare jumper. I grabbed my keys to the room and my phone. I ran out and slowed down when I was outside.

Katie: NOW PHILIP!

I sighed again. Why was I doing this? I hardly think Pj would let her hurt him. I don't love anyone here. But there was a small silver of my brain that wanted to say, she's going to hurt Dan. But that's impossible, I don't love Dan. I looked over and saw that on a pavement across the courtyard, the person I was just think about stood. Looking up, maybe at the stars. I could see the warm air curling and dancing as it left his mouth. It was oddly peaceful.

"Oh Dan. What am I going to do?" I asked myself. He looked at the ground and kept walking back to the room. The warm room, that we share, that I want to get back to, that I want to be in when I tell him about Katie.

I guess I'm going to take his unspoken advice. I keep on walking. At the end, lays a she demon. One that I'm going to slay for the sake of my sanity. And maybe even something else.

((Every problem is something I come up with.

Love, Sydroxz))