Chapter 13

The four cats began their journey to the horseplace, the two she-cats talking amongst themselves as Otternight notices one of Sparrowsight's eyes were red and black like his "wait, you have one too?" Otternight asked him, Sparrosight nodded and then explained "After Tulipsky decided to be with me, my eye developed and then.." he paused seeming to try to hold back emotion "One of our friends who died in a battle made my eye develop like yours but it doesn't have your ability, it's ability is like a reality controlling ability but it only works in dreams or when the target is looking at me when I use this eye." He said with seriousness as he looked at Tulipsky''I've tried to see what this thing is that is bothering her and Willowshine but it won't show up." He said before looking back to Otternight. "So how's the relationship between you two going?" He asked, clearly trying to change the topic.

Otternight told him about this thing that happened while he was in the forest "I was just gathering herbs and I suddenly get attacked by a fox and as I use my battle training you've taught me to gain distance I then realize after I had already used my ability to remove the cat that I had overused it and I feel to the floor with very extreme pain in my body as Willowshine found me, scolded me, and then treated me while being gentle." The pure brown tom recalled as his brother laughed "Now that's a good story!" He commented, as they reached the horseplace.

"Mothwing? Leafpool?" Willowshine called as three small cats came out of the building "WILLOWSHINE! You're back!" Hollypaw said with excitement as she used her tail to guide Jaypaw to the group. "Where is Leafpool and Mothwing?" Otternight asked the very enthusiastic black she-cat "They're inside, come on in." She said as she walked to the door and entered as Jaypaw followed. "Well it seems we have visitors." A deeper female voice said "Yes and we have a problem that is going on." Otternight said and then explained what was going on with both Willowshine and Tulipsky, both of the older she-cats looked embarrassed and then took the pair of younger she-cats ''Apparently you're a mousebrain if you can't tell what's going on with yourselves." Mothwing said.

 Willowshine looked confused and then it hit her "You mean I'm expecting kits!?" She said as her legs buckled, the golden she-cat nodded "yes and I'm surprised you didn't realize it sooner, I'm not sure how you didn't notice the signs, from the weird dreams to the fatigue to the random hunger." Mothwing looked down to a very scared Willowshine ''It's ok Willowshine, you will be ok, ThunderClan will take care of you, and Otternight you know will go through a lot just to make sure you are safe." She stated, knowing that her mentor was right. "But what about my duties?" She asked as Leafpool walked in and answered "Well you, Otternight, and Sparrowsight did make sure that every cat knows the basics of medicine and procedures." As she sat down and tried to calm down a nervous Willowshine and Tulipsky. "How are we gonna tell them?" They asked, looking at their mates with fear of their reactions to something so bizarre.

 "We'll tell them, it would be easier for us to than you since you don't need to put stress on yourselves." Mothering said as Jaypaw walked over to the four she-cats ''Mothwing, where are Lionpaw and Hollypaw? Are they out in the field again?" He asked with an annoyed look on his face, in response the golden she-cat laid her tail on his back calmly stroking his back, up and down, up and down "I'm sorry little one, I'll take you out there in a bit." Otternight, asked behind a wall in, the others weren't nervous because he was out with Sparrowsight and Leafpool catching prey. "Come on in Otternight and could you please tell Sparrowsight to come as well, we found out what was wrong." 

She told him in a cheerful manner, but Willowshine knowing her mentor she was going to be scolding Willowshine and Otternight for not noticing the signs and having the signs at all, while Leafpool was a lot more empathetic towards the two couples ''You're going to be a father Otternight and you too Sparrowsight." Mothwing said with a blunt but happy tone "Don't worry, they'll be fine as long as you keep them safe and understand that if you are not calm they are not calm." Leafpool explained how to deliver kits and also explained the importance of keeping the mother fit.

 "If the mother of the kits doesn't atleast walk a few tree lengths a day then she'll have a harder time with the delivery." The words of Leafpool ring in Otternight's ears as he then nodded and walked outside, scared of what his future problems could bring.