chapter 11

Kyle's pov

  Stan and I went up to my room, and I was nervous of how this will go.

  "I know promising that I would still talk you and then making excuses not to talk to you, then ignoring you for so long, then just dropping you was a dick move," Stan started, "I'm so so sorry Kyle."

  "Why'd you do it Stan?" I asked, "You said that no distance will change us being best friends...I trusted you."

  "I was stupid Kyle," he sighed, "I just made new friends, and I just thought we were going to end up growing apart."

  "So your new friends were more important than us?" I rolled my eyes.

  "That's not it!" Stan quickly defended, "It was just exhausting trying to keep up with everybody."

  "But I can't believe you couldn't even make time for me..." I said sadly.

  "I know, that was totally fucked up! Just...I fell into a deep depression when I first moved, I didn't really feel like myself anymore..." He sighed, "do you think you can ever forgive me?"

"I don't know Stan...." I looked down, then realized he walked closer to me.

"I know you hate me, I hate myself too for what I did," Stan began, "but...I really did miss you..."

I looked up at him, and he genuinely looked regretful, but he still betrayed my trust.

"I don't hate you Stan..but, I don't think I can forgive you, at least not so easily." I told him.

  "Okay Kyle...I understand."

  Stan left, and I was alone in my room, proud of myself for not forgiving Stan, even with how I felt about him.

  The next day, all I wanted to do was see Stan, but I couldn't...if I look into his eyes any longer I might just forgive him too soon.

  Maybe I'll forgive Stan eventually, cause I don't think my feelings will just go away. If anything, they're just getting stronger.

Stan's pov

  I did understand why Kyle couldn't forgive me, but all I wanted was his forgiveness. What can I do to show him how sorry I am?

  The next day, I just stayed in my room and smoked all day. God I miss Kyle.

I was just too scared to tell him that the real reason I stopped talking to him was because I was scared....

Scared because I was falling in love with him.