Chapter 25.

Taylor King

"Come on T! Stop punishing yourself for once and have a life." Jess sighs softly. "You are allowed to feel shit and pissed off because life is fucking awful but give yourself a break. There is literally nothing more you can do and you deserve to live a little." We've been having this conversation since last night when I had decided that I might skip the party this weekend.

This intense feeling of sadness and rejection has been sitting on my shoulders for the last few days. Weighing me down like an anchor. My head has been swimming with deep thoughts of loneliness and despair but I know I need to snap out of it, I can't let this sadness consume me forever. "Yeah Taylor, forget about grieving your dad & Bryce being a complete creep and get drunk with us." Alex says sarcastically, making me chuckle.

"Alex, this really isn't the time to be a dick." Jess sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose. "We're trying to make her leave the house. Not scare her to go back in." I know they're trying hard for me. Trying to make me feel like I'm included but I still can't help but feel like I'm still on the outside. "I just don't know if I'm the partying mood, I don't want to be a bummer." I exclaim.

The conversation continues to go round in circles as I continue to contemplate going out. We finally settle on a plan. "You can stay at mine then." Jess suggest, hoping that'll make me feel more comfortable. "My parents are away this weekend and it's not like we've got to be up early for anything. Please Taylor. It'll make you feel so much better." Jess begs with puppy dog eyes.

"Fine, but if I end up drunk crying to One Direction, it'll be your fault." I remark making Jess squeal. She wraps her arms around me tightly, rocking back and forth. "I promise, you'll have a great time."

༻﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡༺

My black heels clack against the hardwood floor as I take a step back to admire my reflection, a black lace corset clings tightly to my chest as I fix the denim mini skirt around my waist. A slightly lighter shade of charcoal matches perfectly with a pair of golden Cartier hoop earrings.

The night has only just begun and we are already two bottles of wine in, "you literally look so fucking hot." Jess exclaims as she stands next to me, adjusting the black mini dress that she pinched from my closet. "We both look fucking hot." I respond, already feeling the alcohol settling in.

"Are you feeling better? Because you look great." Pencil in hand, Jess perfectly matches her left eyebrow to the right. "I'm doing better since the last time you asked." I chuckle, trying to glue my eyelashes down and not look like Season 6 Gia Gunn. "I just want you to be happy, I hate knowing that you're suffering." Jess sighs, clearly getting emotional.

The two of us lean against her pillows, heads back to prevent the tears from falling. "Have I ever told you that I love you?" Jess asks tenderly. "I feel like you've gone through so much and I've just never told you. I love you, Taylor. You're like a sister to me." Her hand reaches out for mine, giving it a tight and reassuring squeeze.

"I love you too, I am sorry that I keep bringing myself down. I can't spend the rest of my life angry at the world." I admit, realising that I'm a lot more fragile than I had originally thought. Hands clasped tightly together, we sit and attempt to stop the tears from threatening to fall. "I can't believe you fucking made me cry after do my eyelashes." I announce, breaking the depressing vibe.

"They look fine." Jess sniffs into a tissue, the two of us staring at each other affectionately. "Just a little bit droopy."

༻﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡༺

"Ladies, I'm glad you could make it." Jeff screams over the blaring music. 10:30pm and the house is already at max capacity. Teens pouring out of every entrance dancing, drinking and fighting. Couples making up and making love in the four corners of almost every room. He hands us both a cup of something before disappearing into the crowds.