The fourth chapter. I've pretty much given up naming these by now

Stapy looked at Winner questioningly. "Is he, um, your enemy or something? Because I overheard that you guys were friends, uh, partners.. But I mean, um if..." Stapy rambled, his voice trailing off awkwardly. Suddenly, Winner looked straight at Stapy. "No, no, nothing like that. We're really close..." They looked away with a pained expression. "We were." Stapy inhaled sharply. "If he died he could get recovered, right?" Winner sighed. "No, he didn't die," Their eyes narrowed. "Not in the way you're thinking of."

--------------

Foldy approached the light under the mattress carefully, as if it would run away when she got close. The cold metal of the closet floor felt hard against her feet as she tiptoed towards it. Finally, using her foot to push the mattress forwards, revealing the blue light of a phone. Foldy sighed, feeling somewhat embarrassed. What had she expected to be under there, a glowing portal?

As she exited the closet, kicking the door open, she heard the faintest of sounds. She immediately stopped in her tracks to listen to the pattering of tiny footsteps. She scrunched her eyebrows. Grassy? She thought. The footsteps faded away before she could figure out where they were coming from.

Foldy waited a couple moments before walking down the hallway towards the main room. She'd only been gone for a couple minutes, so nothing had really changed.

"ERROR. ERROR. E-E-E-R" Foldy immediately turned her attention to a glitching TV. Golf ball was typing frantically on a computer attached to one of the many wires coming from TV's backside. Foldy joined the growing crowd of objects surrounding him. An angry Basketball emerged from the group. "What the Goiky did you do to him!?" Yelled Basketball. Her remark startled GB for a second, but she immediately started to defend herself. "Hey, I was just trying to help," Said Golf ball to Basketball, who was now pushing her aside to see the computer. " There was a signal! An S.O.S from somewhere on the surface!" Explained TB, "When we tried to pinpoint where the message was coming from, well..." He gestured toward the broken TV beside him, "You know."

Basketball pounded the keyboard in frustration. "I have no idea how to fix this..." She groaned. "Maybe TV needs batteries." Remote inquired in her text-to-speech voice. "Remote, TV doesn't need batteries..." Foldy couldn't help thinking about what TB said. An S.O.S from the surface...

She immediately started to guess where the signal was coming from. From the EXIT, or from a nearby group of survivors? Her thoughts were interrupted by what sounded like a song in another language, accompanied by TV's screen playing a music video. "I HATE DECO*27!!!" Fanny exclaimed. "Well, I love this song!" Said Bottle in an annoyingly cheerful voice.

Tree was asking how Fanny knew who wrote the song when the music was suddenly replaced by a static as GB grabbed the computer and typed in a command. "Hey, I was working on that!" Scowled Basketball, kicking Golf ball. "I had it first, then you stole it!" Spat GB. Foldy rolled her eyes and smiled at the pathetic display of rage.

Foldy turned abruptly to Saw, who was tapping her back. Foldy's smile faded as Saw started chatting with her. "Hey, you just ran off. Are you okay?" Foldy glared at her. "Just because you saw me on paradise island doesn't mean we're friends." She wrenched Saw's hand from her backside in a sudden burst of anger. Foldy immediately regretted her decision as soon as she looked at Saw's face.

"I..." Foldy started, unable to finish. Saw pasted a smile on her face.

"I guess ... some people just aren't meant to be friends?" Saw offered, unsure what to say. Gaty spoke up from beside Saw. "What was that?" She exclaimed. "All Saw did was ask if you were okay, and you just-" Gaty was silenced by the hand tool. "Gaty, it's okay. I understand where Foldy was coming from. It's not a big deal, really." Gaty groaned and turned to her. "It's hard to be on your side if you're not even on you side!" Foldy took this opportunity to slip away from the pair of zigzags and into the dissipating stream of objects. Her breath steadied slightly with every passing second, and yet she still couldn't manage to calm herself.

Thousands of thoughts raced through her head, each one replaced by another as soon as she reached it.

Saw'll be mad at me now.

Gaty will, more than Saw.

I just lashed out at the people who were nicest to me in this tiny bunker.

It is tiny, isn't it?

Will we be able to survive in here?

What the hell is happening? Why do we have to stay in here anyways? What's going on above the surface? Where's Stapy? Is he okay? Is he...

...

Why am I thinking like this?

...where am I?

When Foldy finally stopped walking, she found herself in a part of the hallway she didn't recognize. She'd been so immersed in her thoughts that she didn't even realize where she ended up, and how she got there. Foldy groaned and looked around for something that she might recognize.

The room was nearly as big as the main room where the remaining Power of Two contestants gathered, which Foldy could tell was far away judging by the silent room. The room was metal and almost completely empty and had no visible light sources other than the soft glow of the two rooms that lead to it. The entire room had an aura that made Foldy uncomfortable.

Foldy decided after a long hesitation that the left hallway was her best bet of getting back to where she came because the light seemed brighter than the alternative. She strolled through the hallway until it lead to a split path. "How big is this place, anyways..." She thought aloud, choosing a random direction to explore. Soon enough, another path came. Foldy stopped abruptly. Maybe this was the wrong way.

It was getting darker, too, so maybe she should've chosen a different path? She turned to retrace her steps, but found three more paths behind her. Foldy felt like her heart dropped to the floor as she realized that she was lost. She pulled herself to the wall, trying to calm herself, only to find she had not backed into a wall, but another passage.

She joined her heart on the floor as she curled her legs close to her body and tried not to cry. She was really, really lost.

In both ways.

---------'-'--------

Hi it's me again

For like weeks I just kinda died inside

But here I am again, alive

Yay

Stapys pov just keeps getting shorter sorry , and, I might not update this often due to uhhhhhh school, but I'll try to find time to actually do this?

...does anyone else read the word stopped as stooped?