Chapter the fifth

Stapy stared at Winner blankly. "Not in the way I mean..?" He repeated, confused. Winner swallowed. "Forget I said anything." 

Stapy scrunched his eyebrows. Why did it feel like no one ever told anything? "Fine." He said angrily. "I'll go to someone who'll actually tell me what the hell is going on." Stapy hopped off, leaving Winner with their confused #1 fan. 

"Hey, wait, don't leave me with Clock!" Winner shouted. "Uhhh, ouch" Stapy heard Clock say. 

Stapy asked around the EXIT, but it seemed everyone who might know something just wouldn't tell him, or they just didn't know. 

It was getting crowded in the EXIT, making it difficult to find a quiet place to think. Stapy counted around 30 contestants in here with no way to get out. 

Even if we could get out, Stapy thought, I don't think I'd want to.

...

Unless it was a chance to see Foldy...

————————————- —————

Foldy was awoken by quick footsteps coming from her left. She stretched her legs, yawning. There wasn't any rush to get up, since she had realized escaping would be nearly impossible. 

Why did I wake up again?

There was no way to tell what time it was, but Foldy assumed she fell asleep a couple hours ago. Even if she had a small chance of escaping, she still conserved her energy in hopes of returning back to the main room.

Foldy was about to get up from the ground when a faint noise made her stop.

Shuffling.

She stumbled to her feet to get a better look around. A small figure rushed away from her, veering to the left hallway. Foldy started to run forwards toward the bluish-green form. She didn't even have time to think; rushing towards the shadow seemed like her only option.

She ran through different coulor hallways, with each one she caught up with the figure. " Hey!" She shouted, out of breath, "Stop!" The figure quickened and it became clear she wasn't going to catch up to it. The shadow turned a corner into a room.

 Foldy tried to swivel backward, but she just ended up tripping and falling on her face. 

"Agh!" She exclaimed in frustration, scraping her foot on the hard concrete. She bit back the pain  to kick open the door. 

Foldy braced herself for the contents of the room, but faltered when she recognized it. This was the closet she had slept in a while before. The mattress was still there, the same blue light surrounded by darkness. 

Her gaze fell on her foot, which was now bleeding. "Crap." She wiped the blood on the floor.

"Looks like I found the way back." She turned back, but in the corner of her eye she made out something that wasn't there before.

Approaching it carefully, Foldy squinted to try and find out what it was. 

Something circular.

Something wet.

Something... 

Red.

————————————

"Have you seen Foldy?" Saw and Gaty were sitting down and eating the food TD had rationed out.

"I haven't seen her since she ran off..." Saw continued, trying not to look at Gaty. Saw was worried for Foldy despite her obvious hatred. Even if they weren't meant to be friends, she still wanted Foldy to be okay.