Chapter 23 Earthquake

(Surbhi attempted to talk to Ansh as he was escorting her to the office)

Surbhi—Ansh what do you plan to do next?

Ansh—I am planning to join the company as an employee. It will help me in the future.

Surbhi—Ansh you well know which plan I am asking about.

Ansh— (his face drops) I don't know, I can't believe it; my dad is demi demon. I've been searching for him for so long, and all I've ever wanted was to find my family and have a place to call home.

Surbhi—don't you have a family and home now? Aren't we your family? Isn't Mister's house yours? He even adopted you; doesn't that make him your dad?

Ansh—You are right, I do see you guys as my family.

***

Two days later

Karan—May I ask what are you doing in my office?

Ansh—Work!! (talking to Surbhi via chat)

Karan—I can see that. (Anger tone) but why are you glaring at your phone and giggling so loudly?

Ansh—OH am I disturbing you?

Karan—You can go back to your office; your employees need their director.

Ansh—OH but I have already told them to call me if anything urgent comes up.

Karan— (Ahh I am missing Surbhi right now) Listen right now you are not the heir; you are an employee.

Ansh—Yes but I wanted to ...

(Suddenly the ground trembled beneath their feet, and a defeating roar filled the air, sending shivers down their spines)

Karan—What! Why an earthquake suddenly?

Ansh—It is not normal; I can sense him.

Karan—Him who?

Ansh—My DAD-The Demi Demon.