Chapter 1

Bangtan were considered to be carrier pigeons in the mafia world. A group of 4 young men that made a great name in the industry by delivering drugs to buyers while being truth to their word. Fast and silent, those are qualities that are immensely appreciated from both sellers and users, because it was a tricky business after all. One call or message to the police and the next moment you will be staying in a cute hotel called prison for the rest of your life. And that was the best outcome. More than often people would just randomly disappear and found a week later at the bottom of a lake or ditched in the forest at night without their kidneys. Yes it was a tricky business...

But that didn't stop Yoongi a couple years ago when he desperately needed money. Almost all his life he had lived in an orphanage but when he turned 16, he wanted to leave. Build a life on his own, get independent but most importantly: make his own decisions. He always had troubles following orders from the orphanage 'parents', because who were they to tell him what he should do or don't? His parents had died when he was 2 years old, and the rest of his family where nowhere to be found. So he ended up in this place that some kids called 'home', but Yoongi called it nothing more than a 'rat hole'. The name was maybe a little bit exaggerated, but it was closer to a rat hole than a home in that matter. The old building was held together with a few thin walls that contained different stains and holes that had developed over the years and let's not look at the ceiling... The place was covered in mold because the roof was broken at some places after a big storm 3 years ago but nobody had bothered to fix it.

The roof wasn't the only thing that nobody bothered to fix. The orphanage was situated in a poor neighborhood in Seoul where everyone was living in poverty. The people who owned the place weren't the best people and they didn't choose to run the orphanage to help the kids. No, they did it because of the money they got from the government. But this wasn't the only orphanage they possessed; they had 10 more houses so that meant that they were basically never 'home'. And when they were home, they would always be angry at the kids for the mess and the poor state of the house, not considering that most kids weren't even old enough to look after themselves. So the oldest kids were practically acting as adults and housekeepers at the same time, but still, it was never enough.

So Yoongi had a lot of reasons to get out of the orphanage when he was old enough to go outside and find a job to make some money. At first he had tried some 'child' jobs like working in a grocery store, but he didn't had those jobs for too long because he couldn't stop himself from stealing food. His heart broke every time he saw the state of his younger roommates, who he considered to be his brothers, and the grocery story just had so many food. He thought that nobody would notice any difference if they were missing one apple, but unfortunately he was always caught. So Yoongi wasn't welcome anymore in most stores because word spread fast and soon he wasn't able to get a job anymore. A legal job.

One night Yoongi had been fed up with himself after being fired for the tenth time this year and decided to walk across the dark streets in his neighborhood until he had calmed down enough to go back to the rat hole. He knew he was being followed, but for once he didn't care. Why would he even bother? He considered himself to be an adult, but his identity still said he was a kid. A kid that was bound to an orphanage where no future was seen. He wasn't educated, he didn't have any family, he had nothing. He only had his brothers, not blood-bound, but kids that grew up with him almost his entire life and went through the same shit like he had. But Yoongi was convinced that his brothers wouldn't mind if something would happen to him. It was almost normal to them. In the orphanage a lot of children disappeared one day and never came back. They were reported missing and sometimes found, but never alive. So they had taught themselves not get too attached too each other because it would only lead to heartbreak, but somehow he and 6 roommates had formed a close bond despite of that...