Chapter 5

"Taehyung, clear the table" Namjoon ordered as soon as they arrived at their safe house. It was a small 1-bedroom apartment that Hoseok had found by coincidence, and it was very basic and in a family friendly neighborhood, so it was perfect hiding spot in case something had happened to their own house. At first they had seriously discussed if it wasn't a bit exaggerated to literally get a second house in advance while there was nothing wrong with their own, but since they were working in the most dangerous industry of the world, they knew they had to take precautions. And today they were all grateful that they had done it.

But since apartments were very expensive in Seoul and the fact that they maybe would never actually live in their safe house, made them buy one of the smallest. One bedroom that was barely big enough to fit 3 bunk-beds. So one of them would need to sleep on the single couch in the living room. The bathroom was efficient: the shower was directly above the toilet, so you could multitask since you could brush your teeth while using the toilet and in the meanwhile taking a shower to save time. And lastly, their small kitchen with one stove and a tiny fridge. They did however have enough space for a normal sized table that could fit 6 chairs.

"Hyung, get Jungkook on the couch. I need to help Jimin first, but maybe you can clean some of his cuts already?" Namjoon said when he gently placed Jimin on the now empty table. Seokjin nodded and with the help of Yoongi they moved to the living room and took care of their youngest. The leader then turned around to face Taehyung, who was standing patiently in the doorway, waiting for his next order. "Taehyung, Jimin lost a lot of blood. You're an universal donor-"

"I will do it. Take whatever you need" the second youngest said immediately and moved closer to Namjoon while he was already lifting the sleeve of his sweatshirt. Namjoon nodded gratefully and moved Taehyung towards a chair. "Yoongi, can you undress Jimin? I will set Taehyung up for a blood transfusion first"

The second oldest nodded and started to work while Namjoon grabbed his medical kit from one of the kitchen cabinets. Another well prepared safety precaution... He quickly found a needle and a transparent bag to collect Taehyung's blood and sat down next to the younger one. "This might sting..." he warned before he inserted the needle in the crook of the boy's elbow. Taehyung didn't even flinch because his focus was completely on Jimin who was barely conscious anymore. Jungkook had passed out due to pain, but he knew that his soulmate was going to pass out because of different reasons. He was going into shock because he had lost too much blood, and that wasn't a good sign. So Taehyung was determined to give as much blood as Jimin would need, as long as he would survive.

"Let me know when the bag is filled. I don't want to take more than two bags" Namjoon said while tapping the needle securely to Taehyung's skin so it wouldn't move. He then moved to the sink to wash his hands so he could put his gloves on. From the corner of his eyes he had already seen that Yoongi had done a great job at preparing Jimin, since the boy was now only in his boxers and his stomach had been cleaned with skin disinfectant.

"Give him 5mg of morphine" the leader said to the older one. Yoongi nodded and searched for the medicine while Namjoon was inspecting the wound. Even though Namjoon was considered their doctor, since he had taken interest in the human body and did many medical courses at different clinics, they still made sure that at least one of the others also had some basic medical knowledge in case something had happened to Namjoon. Yoongi was the runner up medic in their group, so it was no coincidence that the two of them were now working on Jimin.

"There's no exit wound. The bullet is still inside him" Namjoon added when he had examined Jimin stomach and back. Yoongi hummed as he gave the injured boy morphine and together they watched Jimin's face closely when the painkillers were starting to kick in.