chapter 4 the Last Dark Prophecy

I was shocked, but Hades' threat to Zeus - he is, in fact, the only person who can do that to Zeus. That's why he is called 'the ancient one' among the gods.

I don't know why he was standing up for me against his own brother, but I was happy he did, because clearly no other god in that council hall had the guts and strength to do so.

With a flick of his hands, the power of darkness almost consumed Zeus in one go. I finally got a hold of myself. I take a step towards him, his frame towering over me. As I touch his shoulders, he goes firm. 'Guess I should have thought twice before doing that, but guess what? I didn't, because it looks like I clearly sold my brains!' I thought to myself.

I tried calling out to him. For some reason, the name sounded different coming from me, but what I did not expect of him was to stop all he was doing. His powers came back to him, leaving the room and Zeus of their influence, as if he was absorbing all the darkness back into himself and sealing it within his body once again.

He now turns back to me. This is the first time I am seeing him this close and yet I had a feeling I had already seen him up close 'But there is no way! That's impossible! I have never met him before!' I tell myself.

Trying to talk myself out of that feeling clearly made my brain short-circuited after seeing such a magnificent and good looking creature - I mean man... - no god... shit..

Yup this guy right here made me curse in our first meeting. A good start, I guess?

Then I hear his voice. It's my name in his lips, but it still sounds so different from when others call me. It sounded good for the first time to my ears. His voice was soft, laced with concern.

"Yes?" I said.

"I have been calling you for quite some time. Are you sure you are ok?" he asked.

"Yeah. I am totally okay. Just a little bit hurt. It will heal in no time, you know".

Yup. I just tried to have a totally normal conversation with the god of the underworld. Yeah, I know his lips were a little inclined in a little smile I see. But it does not reach his eyes. His eyes, which were originally black, now turned into a bluish purple.

'This looks better' I thought to myself.

I look around to see every pair of eyes in the hall on me. It wasn't the one of annoyance and irritation for ruining their council hall, but the one of absolute fright.

"Will someone at least tell me now why I was suddenly called to the court? I had business to do, you know!!" I said, fixing my dress as annoyance filled my voice.

I heard a chuckle. I look up to see Hades chuckling. Now that was indeed a sight to behold.

"You should smile more often Hades" I said, without realizing what comment I just passed.

He raised an eyebrow at that. I could see he was amused.

I too raised my eyebrow at the god and folded my arms as in to ask what he found so amusing about me.

"Maybe if you wish, Sephy," he said. My heart almost stopped beating there for a second and I had to snap myself of his spell.

Soon Athena clears her through to get everyone's attention. "You were called because we had a prophecy from the fates" she said, her voice serious.

"But I thought the fates did not provide prophecy to the gods from the time we left Mt. Olympus".

Artemis steps in. "It's true. The connection between the fates and the gods came to an end after we left the Mount. But earlier today, they visited us. All three of them gave us a prophecy. They called it "The Last Dark Prophecy".

"And it's about you and Hades. That's why he is here".

I turn to Hades as he takes a step towards me to stand by my side.

He looked a little confused himself, so I guess he also had zero clues of why he was summoned as well.

"The prophecy states you and Hades will be together as if made for each other – he is your mate Sephy. That's what the fates said". Her voice trembles in the end, as if it pained her to say that.

Man was I shocked "I thought gods don't mate anymore. Since when did gods even get married? We just had relationships of our free will!" I thought the last people who mated were Kronos and Rhea or Ouranos and Gaia, but they are titans and primitive by nature. We are not primitive. We evolved. We are not them. Me and Hades, we are not titans"

As if to comfort me, Hades held on to my shoulders. The weight of the things I just heard did not settle in me until I felt his touch. It was smoothing, but it made me lose myself. My eyes started to hurt with the tears I held in and I opened my mouth to speak. But no words came out and now I was gasping for air. Soon Hades hugged me and I held on to him, as that was the only thing that felt right to do at the moment.

So I was clutching onto his shirt as if my life depended on it.

I heard his voice loom over the room, that threatening edge returned. "Enough! That's just enough!" he screamed.

As my mother took a step towards us, as if asking me to let go and stop whatever I was doing and moved even closer as if to take me away from him, I shook my head in a 'no' and held on tighter.

Hades quickly turned his back on the other gods as he opened a portal to god-knows-where, but I was happy I was not surrounded by the gods now.

For now that's all I need, to get a hold of myself. I notice that the portal is big and it takes quite some time to get to our destination. 

  A/N:  hello readers you can follow my Instagram account to get updates on the writing of this book its elenasky_writes this will be the 5th chapter with a word count of 1076 ,yes i am trying to improve my word count SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!