chapter 7 the little invitation

Soon I feel him moving behind me and I turn towards him. My face comes in contact with his bare chest. My brain betrays me. I lose my chain of thought. I didn't know he was shirtless all this time!

"Who was that on the phone at this time in the day?" he asked, in a sleepy voice.

"It was just Hermes. He wanted to know where I was and if I would come back tonight".

"Are you going to go?" he asked. His voice sounded a little sad.

'Maybe it's just my brain playing games with me? Why would he be sad?' I thought to myself.

I am now very aware of his breath in my neck. He slowly nuzzles his nose on the crock of my neck.

"What if I don't want you to leave tonight? Will you stay with me in the underworld, just tonight?"

"Do you really want me to stay over?" I asked back.

"Yes please! Will you stay?" he asked, his voice low and almost pleading.

I look at his eyes, which swirl like the waves of a dark ocean. They were jet black and lovely at the same time.

I slowly lift myself up a little bit to place a small kiss on his forehead. His answering smile was just bewitching.

I tease him, "If you are going to smile at me like that, I am most likely gonna go blind!"

"Even if you go blind, I will still take care of you and love you the exact same. Nothing could possibly change that" he replies.

That brings a smile to my face.

"Ok then let's make a deal. You let me go tonight and you can come over to my place tomorrow evening and we can spend the day together".

"You mean like a date?" his voice now gets excited.

"Yes Hades, like a date. Now tell me, are you willing to strike this deal?", I say, slightly playful.

"Hell yes I am! Let's strike the deal. my little devil".

With this 'deal' set, I get ready to leave the underworld.

We both soon find ourselves near the banks of Styx and Cheron greets us with a nod.

We get on the boat and on our boat ride, Hades becomes curious as to where I stay.

"Well, I stay at Hermes' crossroads in one of his apartments. We are, of course, neighbours. Even Eros lives next door to me".

"Sounds great", he says, but something in his tone sounded wrong, like he didn't think this was great.

"Yes, and today is the day we all hang out together, so we go to Eros' place tonight, to spend the night watching t.v and playing some games".

He came along with me till the entrance of the underworld and then I formed a portal straight to my apartment.

Soon I opened the door of my apartment. I hear something and I jerk my head up, shocked, only to see Eros trying to burn my kitchen, in the name of cooking. I see Hermes laying down on the couch, groaning in pain.

"What the hell is happening here people?" I almost screamed it, ear- piercingly and annoyed. Eros almost dropped the pan he was holding onto the rug and Hermes shot off of the couch and his eyes almost popped out.

"Weren't we supposed to hang out at Eros' place? What are you guys doing here? And Eros, did I not tell you not to use my spare key all the time. That was meant for emergencies only!"