Play With Me

Two hours earlier
"Emma , Emma Emma Emma Emma Emma Emma Emma Emma Emma em-"
"What Neal ?" Emma snapped rubbing her temples irritably and the four year old folded his arms in a huff.

"Play with me Emma !" Emma sighed placing the potion she had been holding back on the table.
"I can't buddy I have to work on my potion mixing." Emma tried to explain and Neal scowled bitterly

"Knock knock." Neal yelled from the couch and Emma sighed
"Who's there?" She grumbled
"Meanie"
"Meanie who?"
"Meanie you!" He shouted and again Emma sighed.

"Look Neal I'd play with you but I am busy! Okay? So just go play cars or something." Emma tried reasoning and Neal just began chanting
"Meanie meanie meanie !!" Then he hopped down from the couch and snatched a potion bottle from the table.

"Neal give me that!" His sister screamed and he scrunched up his face in anger.
"Fine take it!!" He shouted and then threw it. Emma lunged for it but it hit her in the arm and broke the smoke consuming her.
Neal watched in horror as he sister began shrinking. Not in age but in height. Emma shrank to two inches tall.
"Neal Leopold Noland when mom and dad find out about this you'll be sorry!" Emma hissed her voice sounding so faint and squeaky that you had to really strain to hear her.

Panicking Neal snatched her up in his hand and raced to put her in his bug catcher but then he tripped and fell sending Emma flying off in some random direction

He'd been looking for her for like an hour or so and he had nearly torn the apartment apart looking for her , when he heard the front door opening. He gulped knowing his parents weren't going to be happy. Not one bit.