Chapter 23 - Mana Engine

All within the halls of the engineering centre tired and eager minds were at work. All in the creation of a engine that uses one of the curious materials that they had harvested within the oceans of these world. A bluish ore that if applied with pressure was able release a pressurized flow of water. A property that if confined within a container of enough force to keep the pressure could redirect the said water to flow towards tubing that ends with them being able to spin the turbine needed to create an electrical force required to generate electricity for the colonists needs. 

As seeing the vital need of such a thing knowing that their reserve of gas was low and as such had resorted in relying on batteries and energy production from the wind that the oceans provided plenty of and most of all the solar rays on which whatever sun may shine to them. As they were looking at the improved version of the engine which had come to generate power but, they needed to have it produce more. As they were using the mineral known as the water iron which was perfect for such a project. 

As Robin was looking behind reinforced glass as she watch at the engine as they slowly powered it up. Namely by cranking it remotely from a safe distance and seeing how once the series of hammers strike at the bare surface of the ore that it would soon enough flood its small chamber which was visible for the onlooking scientist and engineers as due to the importance of the project that even the civilian scientist were requested to help them out. 

Creating a pressurized flow into a series of small turbines which lined up to let the waters flow just above them and force the turbines to spin which generated the electricity. Yet the moment of truth was about to show as the engine started to generate electricity and power a lightbulb in return while a tester registered it easily going up to a thousand wattage which made them cheer out in utter delight as they were cheering at the creation of their first functional engine one that they could use to support the colonist in creating the first of many colonies. 

As while it was far from perfect it was a usable engine one that was able to power plenty but, the topic of or if one needs to replace the stones and for how long was still a topic that they needed to figure out plenty but, for now they have something that will help them power their lands and hopefully in the future replace the aging engines that drove the Tamaraw. Hoping that having a better engine would help them fulfil their duties to those that were left behind. 

As such when they gotten the readings it was time to test it out and make sure that it was capable but, it was a task for the civilians back in the main land. "Interesting." Spoke out by that of Diego as he was happy that it worked out well as after days of not sleeping and having to focus on such a thing and forego the other researches in order to rush and develop the mana engine. A goal much more vital for the colony rather then the dossiers and even the finding of more materials and minerals that they could use to improve their chances of surviving in this new world. 

As Diego would be celebrating with his crew and the others as they finally created an engine that was able to run a majority of their machinery. "This is a momentous event the likes of which will change this world as it will change us." He spoke out as they were having some drinks and chatter as the engine continued on to function. " Would like to thank my military counterpart for allowing the pleasure of being a part of this." He said as he looked at Robin which was quite happy to have finally created something viable and useful. "Especially being able to share a room with you." He said which made Robin shy knowing that everyone shared a room in these halls following the countless nights. All in all she knew why he was like this as it was no secret that he had a curse on her since they started working on the engine. 

As while he was great and handsome she would nod not wanting to embarrass him as the others made an iconic sound of teasing and most of all admiration at the budding romance between the two despite her eagerness to turn him down due to the age difference she did come to just silently accept this for the time being until she could turn him down remotely. "I agree your help and your colleagues help had made things easier especially your insights on the water iron despite how we are still yet to create a better name for such a material." She continued on as it was not steel nor was it iron but, a unique material.