02

· ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ·

"Are aliens actually real man?"

· ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ·

"I didn't know that Jodi was your sister though." Monica says as she puts her beer bottle down, giving her full attention to Mitch.

"Hey I hear my name over here. You guys talking about me?" Jodi questions as she walks over, Monica smiling at the siblings. "Hey kiddo. I heard they got you pretty bad. And I asked them to take it easy on you. I can't believe they did that." Jodi complains, Monica trying not to laugh as Mitch's eyes widen.

"God no wonder." Mitch says with a scoff, Monica laughing as she covers her mouth. "So where did they find Hirsch?" Mitch questions as the girl's laughter dies down. "I don't know. Walking around the rec center I think." Monica says as she moves some of her hair from her face.

Mitch smiles at the girl, the girl grinning back. Shavonne motioned the girl over, Monica giving a small smile. "Hey, I have to go. But I'll see you later, okay?" Monica says as she looks at Shavonne who gave her a look, then puckered her lips.

Monica smiles at her, then turns to Mitch, quickly kissing his cheek then rushing into the emporium. "Aw." Shavonne coos as she holds the girl close, Monica laughing as she moves away. "I'm gonna go find a pinball game." Monica says Shavonne nodding. "Have fun!" Shavonne exclaims, trailing her sentence off.

Monica walked up to a pinball machine, Slater playing and a girl with long brown hair waiting. "Do you believe in aliens?" Michelle questions, Monica looking at the girl. "I-Uh. Are aliens actually real man?" Monica questions as Michelle pats the spot on the counter next to her.

Suddenly the pinball machine stopped, Slater turning over to her. "Do I have news for you man, but you gotta be properly prepared if you wanna hear what I have to say man." Slater says, Monica nodding. "I'm ready." Monica says.

Slater and Pickford sat in Pickford's car smoking, while Monica stood up smoking a joint. "Dude, it all makes so much more sense!" Monica exclaims, Slater nodding. "The government man, they wanna make us believe that aliens aren't real. But they're everywhere around." Slater says as he motions to the sky.

"Woah." Monica says as she looks up at the sky. "Hey Slater, you fucking hippie give me drugs man." O'Bannion yells from his car as it skids into the parking lot. "Get some from your mother man." Slater shouts. "Yeah, we just banged your mother." O'Bannion yells as the car accelerates away. "Okay, fuck you dickhead." Slater shouts.

Monica giggles as she finishes off the joint. "What if you're an alien man." Monica says, Slater's jaw going slack. "What if I am. Pickford, man, am I an alien?" Slater questions, Monica peeking her head through as Pickford's eyes widened.

"What if we're all aliens." Pickford says, Monica giggling as Mitch walked over. "Oh, heyy Mitch." Monica says as she grins. "Hey Monica." Mitch says as he laughs at the girl. "Listen. I'm going to give to shotgun. But I want you to know it's because only 'cos I'm going inside. Keep that in mind alright." Slater says as he gets out of the car.

"Have fun Mitch!" Monica exclaims, but before she could leave, he quickly kissed her cheek, Don cheering as he watched the boy. Monica's smile grew as she and Slater rushed out of the way of the car. "Hey man, what's happening?" Slater questions Wooderson. "A little foosball. Who's this?" Wooderson questions.

"My new freshman friend man, this is Monica." Slater says as he wraps an arm around the girl, Monica laughing. "Alright." Wooderson says as the trio walk back into the emporium. 

Around 45 minutes had passed, Monica was playing pinball in an attempt to beat Slater's score. Michelle cheered her on, but when she felt arms snake around her waist the girl shouted in protest. "Aw come on man I was about to beat Slater's score." Monica exclaims as she looks at Mitch. 

"I have a task." Mitch says as he holds up some money. Monice nods and they walk out of the emporium and across the street. Mitch grabs a six pack of beer, Monica walking with Mitch behind a pregnant woman. "Remember to eat a green thing every day and have lots of calcium. It's very important for young mothers to have lots of calcium." The clerk says as he hands the woman a receipt.

"There you are. See you tomorrow night." The clerk says, Monica and Mitch stepping up, Mitch putting down a beef jerky stick along with the beer. "How are you this evening?" The clerk questions. "Pretty good. How's it going?" Mitch questions.

"It'll be a lot better when I get off in a couple of hours." The clerk says as he bags the beer. "Yeah, I hear that." Monica says, making herself known to the clerk who smiles at them. "You're eighteen, right?" The clerk questions, Mitch nodding.

"Oh yeah. Just graduated." Mitch says. "Graduated. Congratulations. So, are you off to college in the fall? Or are you two moving in together." The clerk questions, thinking the duo was a couple. 

"Ah you know I'm still not sure. I'm working right now, for the city. I'm thinking of holding on to the job for a while. It's like, you know money in our pocket." Mitch says as he wraps an arm around Monica's waist. "But she wants to go to school, become an artist." Mitch says, Monica's eyes widening as he says that.

"I hear that. Here's some more money for your pocket. Good luck in college ma'am. You two have a nice night tonight." The clerk says. "Okay, thanks. Hey take it easy." Mitch says. "Bye!" Monica exclaims as they walk out of the store.

"How did you know?" Monica questions as she looks at the boy. "Know what?" Mitch questions. "That's exactly what I want to do." Monica says, Mitch smiling. "I listen, I remember things." Mitch says as he wraps an arm around Monica's shoulders.

"Psst. Hey Mitch." Carl says, both Mitch and Monica turning around to see Tommy, Carl, and Hirshfelder emerge from around the corner. "Hey there you guys are." Mitch says as they all reunite. 

"Hey man, what's in the bag?" Tommy questions. "Ah, sixer. You owe me one man." Mitch says as he looks at the boys, most likely talking about when Mitch got his ass beat. "I'm gonna head back." Monica says as she squeezes Mitch's shoulder. "I'll see you." Mitch says as Monica walks back across the street. 

When Monica got comfortable again, Mitch walked over to the girl. "Hey." Mitch says as he whispers in her ear, the girl grabbing Slater and whispering the plan in his ear. "Alright man." Slater says as they get up, walking past O'Bannion.

"Have you heard that they are busting Carl Berneck out back?" Monica questions, Slater nodding. "Yeah man, it's crazy." He says as O'Bannion pauses. "Woah, woah. What did you say?" O'Bannion questions. "About what?" Monica questions as she raises a brow at him.

"Carl Berneck. What about him?" O'Bannion questions. "I just heard he was getting his ass beat. I don't know." Monica says as O'Bannion rushes around, Slater and Monica doing a handshake as Mitch walks over. "Great job." He says as he kisses her cheek. "Thanks." Monica says as Mitch rushes outside along with others. 

"Hey man, party at moon tower, you in?" Slater questions, Monica nodding. "Sure, why not." Monica says, Slater cheering. "Who you goin' with?" Slater questions. "Shit man, maybe Michelle." Monica says just as Michelle appears. "We're gonna have a lot of fun." Michelle says as she lazily wraps an arm around the younger girl.

Mitch walks back in and Monica waves him over. "Hey, you wanna ride with us? Or are you goin' with Pink?" Monica questions as she waves bye to Slater who was going with Wooderson. "Uh, I got my own ride, but thanks Mon." Mitch says, Monica nodding. "Alright, I'll see you there." Monica says as she walks away with Pickford and Michelle.