Enzo St. John|TVD

SUMMARY: When the Reader finds herself reliving the horrors of Augustine Society through the form of Nightmares, Enzo comes to the Reader's side to calm her with a sense of comfort and security.

WARNINGS: Mentions of experimentation?

MYSTIC FALLS

The nightmares. The neverending nightmares... When the nightmares first appeared, it seemed they may have been a sign of your distress. Which, didn't seem so odd. Given the recent invasion of Lily Salvatore's Heretic Family in Mystic Falls, you had found yourself becoming overwhelmed by the whole ordeal.

But after a while, you noticed the nightmares didn't stop.

They became more frequent and more intense. It was then that you realized, your past traumas were beginning to reawaken. And you didn't know what to do.

You knew your friends already had a lot on their plate with the Heretics. The last thing you wanted was for them to worry about your well-being. So, you kept the nightmares to yourself. Deciding, they were your burden to bear.

Sooner or later, you knew it was only inevitable that someone would discover your secret.

You always thought it would perhaps to Caroline, or Bonnie. They were usually always the first to notice was something was off with you.

Then again, you didn't put it past Damon to snoop around when he thought you were being secretive.

However, it was the one person you actually needed by your side, that was the one to find out.

Enzo.

Enzo had been one of your closest friends. Ever since you met him after being captured by the Augustine Society. How could you ever forget that awful day? What went from a peaceful stroll through the town, became your worst nightmare.

You remembered how awful it was for you.

Being vervained. Dragged and thrown into a cell.
In that cell, was the first time you met Enzo. Who, had seemed to learn Augustine's methods. Right away, he told you all about their experiments. He told you everything you needed to know. Enzo helped you survive those awful years that you felt so hopeless and lost.

And now so many decades later, he was helping you through it all over again...

Cold. Dark. Thirst. As you felt every muscle in your body weakened, all you could think about was your need for blood. More blood. Blood have you strength. Gave you power.

But being deprived of that blood, took away any ability to fight for yourself.

Which made you feel powerless.

Day in, day out was always the same. You sat in your cold, darkened cell. Usually leaned up against the wall. The Doctors gave you your daily blood ration, and you awaited to see if today would be your day to be experimented on.